2012 Fun Day

No mention of a 2012 Fun Day for a while. Anyone plan to activate something either Sunday 1st or Monday 2nd January?

73 Chris M0RSF

In reply to M0RSF:

Spooky, I was just talking to the XYL today about this.

I’m in!

Neil 2M0NCM

In reply to 2M0NCM:

I’ll be in Glencoe: WX and hangover permitting I’ll be up for something on the Sunday!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:
I will look forward to activating Moel Eilio again next January in the company of Barry 2W0LYD with his new call sign : )

In reply to M0RSF:

I am planning to start the New Year with an activity from
DL/AM-001. Hope to meet you on the bands!

73 - Martin df3mc

Sunday is better for me but I recall some saying Monday 2nd was better.

I will post an alert of my chosen summit.

73 Chris M0RSF

In reply to M0RSF:
There was talk a number of weeks ago about re-visiting the VHF fun day again.
I will be out on the 2nd Jan again, summit to be decided.

Hope to hear many of you on!

Adrian
Mm0tai

In reply to MM0TAI:

There’s not much noise being made about this event for 2012. So are we having a VHF Fun Day as in years past or not?

I’m up for a jolly as I’ve been snowed off the past 2 events also January 2nd is best for me. If there are going to be a few out in the LD/NP region I’ll be happy to be come South with 2m/70cms/23cms gear with me.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hello all

I will be up for a VHF fun day on the 2nd! Unfortunately I will be taking part in the newly launched Summitsbase Award for HuMPs (Hundred Metre Prominence Summits) otherwise known as HEMA (HuMPs excluding Marilyns Award) on the 1st of January at 11:00. For more info on this visit http://www.summitswatch.org.uk/sb/alerts.php or http://www.summits.org.uk/tiki-index.php?page=HuMPs%20Awards

However I will be up a 2 pointer for some 2m SSB or 2m FM on the 2nd if others are game on the Monday.

Let me know your thoughts

73 all

Matt G8XYJ

In reply to G8XYJ:

Let me know your thoughts

Yeah, I’ll probably take a stroll up one of the local hills. Look forward to a S2S, Matt

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to G8XYJ:

Unfortunately I will be taking part in the newly launched Summitsbase Award

Hi Matt

That really is quite unfortunate. Is it compulsory? Are they forcing you?

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

In reply to G8XYJ:

Unfortunately I will be taking part in the newly launched
Summitsbase Award

Hi Matt

That really is quite unfortunate. Is it compulsory? Are they forcing
you?

Richard
G3CWI

Who are they? I take place in these scheme because I wish to!

No one forces me to walk up any SOTA summit as is much the same of HEMA! I think it is great that both the schemes can run in conjunction with each other! Can you be tempted up Mow cop or Roaches Richard??

More importantly on this website are you taking part in the VHF fun day. After 2 years of VHF chasing I still need about 350 points for Sloth!! In addition the general consensus seems to be for the 2nd of Jan so luckily Richard I get the best of Both Worlds!!! To Quote Porridge “Happy days are hear again, the sun is in the sky”

In reply to Mike 2E0YYY - Cant wait to work you Mike - Your first scoring activation of Shining tor for almost a year!!

Kind Regards

Matt

In reply to G8XYJ:

I know how much effort is needed to organise these kind of things so I’m a bit surprised by the lack of launch publicity. Anyway, I’ll need to go and enable Hump spotting to Summitswatch in the SMS bot and check it works with the slightly different style of summit ref.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Looks like your computing power upgrade is just in time!

Richard
G3CWI

PS SMSbot was not working this afternoon.

In reply to G3CWI:

Oops! Thanks for that Richard. I’ve rodded out the pipes and cleared the blockage so we should be better from now on. I’ve finished work till Jan 4th so I can wet-nurse this over the next few days to get everything bedded down and stable on the new server.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to ALL

My activation tommorow for the VHF fun day is looking somewhat unlikely at the moment, gusting winds and snow forecast for the Inverness area.

If it turns out to be do-able then I’m going to take the 35w VHF amp and Beam, hopefully catch a few of yous on for a s2s.

Adrian
Mm0tai