20,000 not out

I was pleased to work Mick MM0PVA/M from GM/SS-189 Cruach nan Caorach for my 20,000th SOTA contact. I was sat in the rain, whilst Mick & Mike (DSP) were heading to Dunoon on a quest for fish & chips!

Appologies for the “night activation” not happening. It was too hard to attempt after having a nice hot bath, then a five course dinner with wine. Somehow you just dont want to put on your waterproofs & head up the hills when an all inclusive bar was beckoning. In my defence, my mother & sister were in the hotel as well so I thought it would be naughty of me to go out activating instead of sitting with them :wink:

In reply to G1INK:
Well done Steve and congratulations.

Sorry I missed you in the afternoon, I’ve since found out that the PC clock
kept on stopping which in turn caused not to revieve any alerts.Now replaced battery in clock.

73 Graham G4JZF

Hi Steve

Thanks to you and Mike (GM0DSP) for all the daytime activations. It sounds like you all had a reet good do all round and also worked some GM uniques between you in your cross border raid.

Could Mike and Mick manage the five course dinner though after the “snack” of fish and chips in Dunoon, that is the question?

Well done on the 20,000 SOTA QSOs - that is an amazing figure Steve. Could I suggest you uploading your SOTA log if it is all in computer ADIF format to Clublog which is at http://clublog.g7vjr.org/about.php
it could provide some interesting stats for us to see.

73 Phil

In reply to G1INK:

You’re forgiven as long as it was real ale! :wink:

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

We had Fyne ales “Pipers Gold” & “Avalanche” in the hotel bar on hand pump. Unfortunately they didn`t come under the all inclusive selection, so you had to pay if you wanted them. We had more than our fair share :wink:

In reply to G1INK:

Even though I had already said it, congrats and well done on the 20,000 qsos Steve. I have always said that tha can yack like some owd fishwife!

Mike GW0DSP