2 x G Completists

In reply to M1EYP:

I’ve never swung an axe, myself, being a horn man, so some of this is over my head, but I absolutely loved the first sax solo on “Coming Home” - down and dirty blues! You have a good tight ensemble there, Tom. A joy to listen to!

One minor criticism - I think you are somewhat wasting the two young ladies with “cornflour orchestration” (just there to thicken the texture!)

Brian G8ADD

Cheers all! Brian, I have simply transcribed whatever horn parts were on the original recordings of the songs we have covered. Therefore, as you can imagine, the ladies have a lot more to keep them busy on the Steely Dan stuff! Try the last two videos listed on that webpage.

Anyway, glad you all like the video. I did it a few weeks ago but kept it “under wraps” until after the RSGB Convention. Yes, I never tire of watching it myself as it brings back such wonderful memories (apart from my “super-quick” descent of Wind Gap when coming off Pillar G/LD-006!).

Here’s the link again to save any new readers searching for it up the thread:

Tom M1EYP

Glancing through the SOTA Database, I see there have been recent activations of the two Isle of Wight summits by Steve G1INK. This, I think, means that Steve has ‘completed’ England for SOTA, becoming only the 6th person to do so.

Hearty congratulations Steve from the 5th!

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Wow, he kept that quiet!

Well done Steve.

Richard
G3CWI

Maybe all the G completists should meet up some time? I am sure that we would all have some great stories to share.

Richard
G3CWI

Congrats Tom and Jimmy!

73, Peter - ON4UP