2,654 QSO's so far!

I think Congratulations - and a tin of throat sweets - should go to Mickey 2E0YYY who since the start of this year has managed 2,654 QSO’s.

A remarkable achievement.

Well Done.

A record in the making for the year???

What is even more amazing must be the time he takes logging this lot in :slight_smile:

In reply to G1STQ:

Well done Mike, a remarkable achievement indeed.

10,000+ by the end of the year then?

Cheers
Jonathan
2E0CTW

The most activator QSOs in a calendar year, I think, was 6275 by HB9BIN in 2011. Mickey looks set to top that this year. I expect he will also enter the “Top 20” list for All-time activator QSOs as well. The end 2011 figures are here:

http://sotawatch.org/reflector.php?topic=6454#

Mickey is on 7546 all-time activator QSOs at present, so G1INK won’t be quaking in his boots just yet, but GW4BVE looks vulnerable.

It is quite fascinating that we continually find more measures to assess our progress in SOTA, other than the existing tables and awards structure! I guess that is because amateur radio is a technical hobby, so we all have an eye for data and figures, and because of the excellence of the SOTA Database which makes the whole thing very data-rich.

Tom M1EYP

Congratulations Mike on making 2,654 QSOs this year. I hope you get a lot more QSOs by the end of the year.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to 2E0EYP:
You all know he is going to be insufferable if he gets to 10K :slight_smile: LOL

Mind you, dragging that colinear around the UK’s summits, I guess Mickey deserves a bit of luck… I have a smaller colinear on my house!

In reply to G1STQ:

In reply to 2E0EYP:
You all know he is going to be insufferable if he gets to 10K :slight_smile: LOL

Mind you, dragging that colinear around the UK’s summits, I guess
Mickey deserves a bit of luck… I have a smaller colinear on my
house!
We all know mickey but saying that joh ive had a lot of points of him so keep up the good work mick bes 73s Dave M3XIE

In reply to M3XIE-1:
Yes Dave. It would be a remarkable achievement to reach 10,000 points in a year. I think that the bench at Shining Tor will need renewing by Christmas!

In reply to G1STQ:

Hi John
That colinear works a treat for him and he has no problems at all getting it to the top of a hill. He asks me to hold it while he hops over a fence and then he forgets to ask for it back. He just walks on up the hill - easy peasy. LOL!

Ps Mickey

You gonna tell 'em about the slab???

In reply to M0TUB:

In reply to G1STQ:

Hi John
That colinear works a treat for him and he has no problems at all
getting it to the top of a hill. He asks me to hold it while he hops
over a fence and then he forgets to ask for it back. He just walks on
up the hill - easy peasy. LOL!

If you wana use it to make up your hundred contacts, you get the privillage of carrying it too ;-))))

Ps Mickey

You gonna tell 'em about the slab???

SLAB, wot SLAB, :-))))

Great fun, Dave.

73 Mickey

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Hi Mike
In 2012 I have only made 2455 QSO’s so fare!

Take care es 73 de HB9BIN, Jürg

In reply to HB9BIN_3:

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Hi Mike
In 2012 I have only made 2455 QSO’s so fare!

Many thanks Jürg,

You also have a very fine score.

Look forward to working you on the HF bands once more.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Prefer quality, not quantity myself Mick - Mrs STQ would probably have much to say on the subject. She has much to say about most subjects…

Just thinking of logging in - by hand - 10K QSO’s makes me reach for the gin and tonic!

In reply to G1STQ:

Just thinking of logging in - by hand - 10K QSO’s makes me reach for the gin and tonic!

Hmmm, every SOTA QSO is a treasured entry into the log book, but I must admit that after 40 years of amateur radio operating I do tend to hold back at when I am at the home QTH from wading into contests or working that special event station that is giving everyone 59 and ignoring all requests for details or a name. Doing that keeps the logging to a realistic and meaningful run of entries. Even so, I have just caught up by entering the last 6 SOTA activations followed by a bit of chasing (ooops, what an admission!) and 5 HuMPs activations and all that lot was enough to keep me out of the shack for a fair while… so 10,000 entries - maybe at a push I could manage that inside a couple of weeks.

While I was thinking about the subject of the number of SOTA QSOs, I got to wondering who holds the record for the least QSOs to achieve Mountain Goat…

73, Gerald G4OIG