10m working well.

I see your spots on SOTAwatch now.
I’ve chased that summit twice today, both on 40m CW, but I’d have chased you with big pleasure shouldn’t I’d been in Morpheus arms.
I’ve been taking a nap while partly watching my favourite TV program, i.e. nature documentaries. Today’s was about Kalkalpen Natural Park in OE land.
Glad that you qualified your activation despite the reduced number of QSOs.

Guru

I’ve been in 5 countries today…Italy, Switzerlland (HB/TI-152), Liechtenstein(HB0/LI-012),Austria and Germany!

We listened on 10m from Switzerland but the band was closed. 20m was not so good from Liechstenstein but I listed on 10m and could hear some beacons so I tried a CQ and spot. Worked SV2OXS on 10m who was 559-599 but we had to go QRT as rain drops were falling and we still had 75km to the hotel.

I heard Paul M0SNA/W6PNG work you on 40m SSB this morning as I was looking at the views from San Bernado summit HB/TI-152.

Maybe on Sunday Guru…

Hi Andy,
Interestingly that’s my record too. It was back in 1992 or 93 when myself and other ham friends woke up in Budapest (Hungary) and drove from East to West through Austria, we also crossed a small part of German Southern territory on our way, then we entered and crossed Switzerland from the East to the South and finally got into Italy for a night in Milano. 5 countries in a day too. But we didn’t do any mountain hiking nor SOTA activation at that time :wink:

Yes, it wasn’t an easy copy but we finally made it as the QSB played ball for a while.

I also saw a spot of you while activating from Italy yesterday, searched for you but couldn’t copy a trace from you.

Yes, I’ll keep trying as long as I can be QRV.

Enjoy your time in FH and regards to everySOTAbody.

Guru

Listened for you Steve when I saw the spot but with an S8-9 noise level as the storm went through here, it wasn’t to be.

This morning was great with lots of short skip, but the afternoon was just high level QRN.
See you and the others tomorrow.

73 Ed.

P.S. expected dinner attendance number now up to 35 !

10 meters was really quite nice when I fired up my rig on W7A/PE-018 today. Actually had a little pile-up and logged 16 QSO’s on 10 cw with stations all the way from West to East Coast of the USA. This is why I always say “give it a try”, you just never know when but when it is performing well, it’s a lot of fun!

Keith KR7RK

1 Like

Another 3 successful activations on 10m from DM/BW land. 3x s2s with EA2IF/P, EC2AG/P & EA2GM /P. Could have worked more EA stations in the King of Spain contest but the wx turned wet.

The shack on DM/BW-228 Hummelsberg. There is normally a very good view across to the Lemberg, but today it was like this :roll_eyes: As mentioned in a separate thread, I was on DM/BW-041 not 042. Not sure if I mistyped or if the SOTA spotter app defaulted as the app database doesn’t seem to be up to date.

1 Like

Hi Steve,
It was a great pleasure to S2S with you today on 10m SSB.
Please, correct the callsign of the 2nd S2S you listed as worked today on 10m. Antonio is EC2AG/P instead of EA2AG/P.
I also had a nice time on 10m with contacts into Germany, Sweden, Poland and Spain.

Guru

1 Like

Nothing heard from you on 10m Steve, I did give it a listen. Thanks for the QSO on 20m :slight_smile:

73, Colin

1 Like

After activating DM/BM-324 on 20m today, I scanned the 10m band and heard a few weak signals. After changing the links on the dipole, I was awarded with a run of 30 contacts on 10m. No muli hop, but still pleased. Typical, band was shut on the next summit :roll_eyes:.

2 Likes