10GHz SOTA

Enjoyable day on 10GHz.

The Cloud SP-015 qualified in 45 minutes with one S2S and best DX 299km - Firle Beacon. Four contacts total - hit and run activation.

Home for lunch (haggis and peas) and on to Rombolds Moor NP-028. Qualified in 25 minutes (9 contacts). Average distances over 100km.

Finished off the day with WBR takeaway.

Great to work Richard G4ERP (CE-001) and Ian GW8OGI.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

… and great to have the S2S. A most enjoyable outing. For the record, 5 QSOs. ODX was G4KUX in IO94BP at 301km.

I must remember to take the key next time.

73, Richard

This Sunday is the next 10G activity period and is a great time to test out that 10G SOTA capability. Anyone planning to be on?

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

Hoping to be out at Halkyn again tomorrow.

New! improved! - bigger dish! more power!

Just hope it’s not windy or the whole lot will blow away.

Hope to work you again Richard.

Ian.

In reply to GW8OGI:

New! improved! - bigger dish! more power!

Excellent Ian. Your 10G SOTA chaser score will soon be building up nicely. Hope that you are soon able to activate a SOTA summit!

Incidentally, the database shows MM0ROV as the top 10GHz chaser - I didn’t know that he was active on 10G.

Richard
G3CWI

Another splendid day on 10GHz yesterday. Sunny and just a gentle breeze on Shining Tor. 11 contacts in two hours using just a horn antenna (20dBi). No real DX contacts (nothing over 170km) but plenty of people on the band. Good to hear so much activity. Best DX (heard only) was G3XDY in Ipswich but too weak for a contact (260km).

This was my second activation of Shining Tor on 10G; I only managed three contacts last time.

Richard
G3CWI