10 ... ? Yesss ... ! — ... but don't forget 40 meters!

Hi Markus,

I activate on many bands including 40m almost on every summit.
Still wait for your chasing …

73, Jarek

Much appreciated Jarek - depends on time and availability! CW replies only from home, key now at home. We will meet frequently enough in the future, more time here now from Mon to Fri.

73, Markus HB9DIZ

Its worth a reminder that the northern sporadic E season is nearly upon us, and I would guess that this will lead to a sea change in 10m SOTA. So far this year my chasing has been hard going on 10m SSB, with only the southeast of EU being fairly reliable on F2, nearer activations being normally unworkable here. There has been some tasty DX available on 10m to partially make up for the shortage of EU contacts, but sporadic E will lead to more of EU being workable here, as and when Es paths open. Only then will 10m be any challenge to 40m SOTA!

2 Likes

Hi all,

at 13:20 UTC

for the moment this has not been the case for some time :upside_down_face:

73, Eric
F5JKK

1 Like

Is the chart saying that green in 10m is good for EU contacts into SA ? and red is bad?

I’ve been using this chart since Eric brought it to our attention (on this reflector) a few years ago. But as he warned at the time, it shows band activity (number of QSOs) not propagation conditions, with Red=High activity, Green=Low activity.
https://dxheat.com/dxc/
So, a band showing as ‘green’ doesn’t mean the band is ‘closed’. It doesn’t show the activity between regions (e.g. EU and SA). I look at the EU column and ignore the others.

2 Likes

Cheers. Wasn’t sure how it worked

Yes Andy,

And the max QSO are in digital :rofl:
you can imagine Sota QSO …

1 Like

It’sa good site but you do have to make sure you configure it for your desires. So I turn off digi modes and just have 10/12/15 enabled and CW/SSB and then see who is working what and how much activity there is.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve been fooled by this a few times. So, I too use the filters.

And as for 6m instead I check 3 EU beacons on my shack rig. And, if the 6m FT8 frequency is quiet, I really know I’ld be wasting my time packing my 6m flowerpot.

Err yes it does, that is the point of the continent selector at the top. Set it to Europe and it shows spots in Europe from all the continents, showing likely activity between continents (and inter EU as well). It even changes the description text below the grid to confirm that.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint, Brian. Looking forward to it how it combines with an active sun. When I meet then my neighbors on the bands, I will certainly be happy! :cherries:

73, Markus

Okay, that’s good.

1 Like