WW7D Reaches Mountain Goat Status

Please join me in congratulating Darryl, WW7D, in reaching Mountain Goat status yesterday, August 19, 2018.
Darryl is the W7W Association Manager.

Darryl is a superb HF CW Activator, but also has a strong interest in the VHF, UHF and Microwave Bands. Darryl is active on 144MHz, 220MHz, 900MHz and 1240MHz during many of his Activations.

I had the pleasure of participating in 3 recent Activations with Darryl, including my own MG Activation exactly 10 days before.

73, Mark, K7MAS

10 Likes

Congratulations Darryl on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

Congrats, Darryl. You have worked hard and fast to reach this milestone. Good job!

Phil, NS7P

Darryl

That is fabulous news and well done!

Darryl at SeaPac in 2016

Paul

1 Like

Darryl, Congrats on joining the Goat Herd. Always a pleasure to work you.
Gary W5ODS

Congrats Darryl and welcome to the herd. You always seem to have a good signal into SW Indiana from your part of the USA. Great Job…

All the best,

72/73, Dennis - WA2USA

Great job, Darryl, and congratulations!

Congrats and welcome to the herd Darry! Also, thanks for being a prolific chaser as well! (13.8K chaser points). We all appreciate making contact with you. Keep up the great work!

73, Brad
WA6MM

Nice work Darryl, always good to chase 'ya.
Carl
WB7ULD

Congratulations on your Goatdom!

Congrats! Darryl

_ _ . . . . . . _ _. K7djl Kris

Congrats, Darryl! Very well done. Hope to catch you on the air again soon!

Rex KE6MT

Congratulations, Darryl, and thank you for the summit to summit contacts this summer!
Peter KD0YOB

Congratulations on MG Darryl ! Bob AC1Z

Congrats Darryl! Always great to work you as a chaser or activator! Catch you on the next summit!

73, Jim K7MK

Congrats Darryl!

73,ke5akl

Congratulations Darryl! Always great to write your call in my log.

73 de Keith KR7RK

Thanks, all, for the kind words. This has been an incredible journey, taking me to places that I wouldn’t have otherwise considered going to.

And thanks for all the QSOs! Sometimes when I arrive at an unfamiliar summit, it feeling like I’ve slipped into another world. So it comes as reassuring when the 4th or 5th CQ yields a string of familiar calls.

For this week, I am enjoying resting on my laurels, if only to let the smoke clear out of the region. Yesterday, there was ash falling when I went outside. I am looking forward to hitting the trails again soon.

Darryl
ww7d
W7W AM

3 Likes

I had the pleasure of going on a winter SOTA snowshoeing adventure with Darryl earlier this year. Hope to have many more SOTA adventures with you in the months and years to come. Congratulations and thanks for being a mentor and a GREAT chaser… you are in so many of my logs. My recent activation of Lemool would have been sunk without you!

All the best,

Josh WU7H

Darryl and John (K7JRO) on our snowshoeing adventure to Poch Peak, March 2018

2 Likes

Congrats Darryl on your Mountain Goat. It’s been a pleasure to work you on many of your activations. Hope you enjoyed it enough to keep at it. 73 de Scotty