Wrong entry in logs activator

please tell me the way to correct a wrong callsign in activators log entry.
thanks sv2llb

In reply to SV2LLB:

Hi

You will have to delete the log and re-enter it (correctly!). There is no facility for changing an individual entry in an activation log once it is submitted - sorry. This facility may well exist on the next issue of the database.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to SV2LLB:

Hi

You will have to delete the log and re-enter it (correctly!). There is no facility for changing an individual entry in an activation log once it is submitted - sorry. This facility may well exist on the next issue of the database.

Richard
G3CWI

Hi Costas

It was great to work you on SV/AT-012 on 24/2/07. Your signals were initially weak but gradually improved to a good 55.

You might find this reply to your problem a little more helpful than the previous reply. I have a lot of QSOs from each summit and it would be a major job to delete an activation and re-enter it using the database web interface. I use the upload TSC/CSV facility to upload the logs. I produce a text file of my logs using Windows Notepad, so no additional software is required, then upload it. If there is a mistake in the log then you can just correct the text file, delete the whole activation, then upload it again, which takes a few seconds.

Another way is to download your whole activator log from the database and just edit out everything but the problem activation, then correct the QSOs with errors. Then delete the problem activation from the database and upload the corrected file. There is definitely no need to re-type a lot of entries.

Other activators use spreadsheets and more complex software to generate CSV files but I find Notepad OK. Either way you avoid the web interface and can correct entries easily.

I hope this helps. Please email if you need more detail. My address is:
johnc@jclifford.co.uk

73 and maybe we will have a summit to summit QSO one day.

John GW4BVE