Worlds First

Mike GW0DSP today became the worlds first Super Duper Sloth 20000 points.

Roger G4OWG

There I am speechless… Congrats, Mike.

Ralf DH3IAJ

VERY WELL DONE MIKE

shame you cant comment on sutch an achevement.

73 Dave

Even if you are not allowed to express yourself: Great achievement with lots of patience involved. One of the few ones I always hope to have in my logs by the end of the day.

Keep on going.

73 Norby

Congratulations Mike.

Jeff G4ELZ

In reply to G0AOD:

VERY WELL DONE MICK

shame you cant comment on sutch an achevement.

73 Dave

Dave
If people get involved in ‘brinkmanship’ they should know the consequences of going too far.
I admire Mike even more as he has not ‘thrown his rattle out of the pram’ and just got on with his SOTA chasing/activating.
Lets hope after a suitable (read very short) period of penitence he will ‘return to the fold’.

Roger G4OWG

ps Just re-read that and wish to state I am not infering that anyone else has ‘thrown their rattle out of the pram’ :slight_smile:

In reply to G4ELZ:

Congrats Mike and I agree it’s a crying shame you can’t thank your friends for their good wishes on on this reflector and join your own celebrations.

You are number 1 mate, the best in the world!! Enjoy the moment.

Barry 2E0PXW and 88 from Sam

In reply to 2E0PXW:
well done Mike, of course those registering at www.sotaforum.co.uk will get the chance of a reply from Mike
best wishes
Lauren

In reply to G4OWG:
WELL SOMEONE LOST THERE RATTLE

In reply to G0AOD:
Better cancel my application to work for ACAS then :frowning:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

Come on please lads what Mike has achieved is beyond belief what ever the situation don’t spoil it for him.

Barry 2E0PXW

In reply to G4OWG:

A magnificent achievement, very many congratulations Mike.

73 Roy G4SSH

In reply to 2E0PXW:
Here hear.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:
Well done Mike, You are a star!

Brian G8ADD

PS There seems to be an echo around here!

Congratulation Mike and thanks for the QSOs 2day … 73 MARIO

In reply to G8ADD:
Never been sure of that one Brian.
A google gave any combination from 'here here’to ‘hear hear’ what is correct?

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:
Listen to Parliament, Roger - they seem to use Heah, heeaah!

Actually I referred to the two doubled posts!:wink:

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G4OWG:

Mike GW0DSP today became the worlds first Super Duper Sloth 20000 points.

I spoke to Mike yesterday from SS-037 when he was somewhere around 19900pts and we agreed it wouldn’t be long before he became the first chaser to break 20000.

Congratulations Mike. I’m delighted to have helped you reach this excellent score from my activations. Your place in SOTA history is assured as 1st double super sloth. I know Mike has mentioned taking a less active chasing role on hitting this score, not stopping just being less active. I hope that I continue to work him on a regular basis.

Mike’s chasing has always been exemplory. On many occasions when conditions have been poor Mike has always strived to help me to get enough contacts to qualify the summit. And when he has had QRN and QRM, he has always ensured his contact was valid rather than claim for a dubious QSO. So not just 20000 points but 20000 squeaky clean points. Well done Mike.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

I know Mike has mentioned taking a
less active chasing role on hitting this score —

And you believed him Andy ??? :frowning:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to M3KFV:
As a matter of principle, because once you join you cannot leave, I do not join any forum that does not allow guests read only access to assess the worth of joining.

Roger G4OWG