With A Little Help From My Friends

What wil you do if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I’ll sing you a song,
And I’ll try not to sing out of key.
In 1967 there was this song of the Beatles. What has this to do with SOTA?
Well as announced somewhere else in the Reflector under SOTA with Grandson, I will make next week a SOTA Tour together with my grandson Samuel PA4SAM.
He will try to self spot with his mobile phone but the system refuses to work for him at this moment.
When the RBNHole is putting me on the Spot list, you can be sure that Samuel PA4SAM/P is on air in SSB on or near 7.118 / 14.285. Since this is his first SOTA experience, I hope that it will be a succes. That is very well possible with: A little help from our SOTA Friends.
Many thanks in advance!
73 de geert pa7zee

2 Likes

I use Rucksack Radio Tool on my Android phone for spotting:

http://www.dl1dlf.de/rucksack_radio_tool_english

It also shows you the closest summits to your position, the distance to them and what direction they are on, pretty useful when you have problems finding the summit. Maybe Samuel can give it a try (he needs to use the Sotawatch user and password to send spots).

Good luck with the activation !
Razvan M0HZH / YO9IRF

Note that he needs to use his Sotawatch username and password to send spots using the web interface. If he is trying to spot by SMS then he also needs to register his phone number and callsign with the person who runs the spotting number he is trying to use.

73, Colin G8TMV

Thanks for letting us know.
Look forwards to hearing his good self and you also on air soon from a summit.

karl

Dear SOTA Friends.
Thanks for your quick reactions and suggestions. Samuel has communicated the problem with Andy FMF who responded with: ‘I could see your messages getting through but the server was giving an exception on processing the database. I’ve restarted the server, try it now.’ Which Samuel did without success.