Who is the first activator?

Hi All,

how works the database’s “first activator” algorithm?
For example on our ukrainien expedition UT/CA-376 was the first activated UT summit. HA5CQZ Zoli made the very first QSO at 14:34 UTC there, but he is not the first activator.

thanks

Zsolt
HG4UK

I would hope that the Database code looks for the first person to make the required 4 contacts.

However, If you look at the logs:

UT/HG4UK/P:
14:40z G4SSH 10MHz CW 339 339
14:42z G0NUP 10MHz CW 449 339
14:45z OZ1EUO 10MHz CW 229 559
14:50z G4IUP 10MHz CW 229 579

UT/HA5CQZ/P
14:34z IK3GER 7MHz CW 599
14:41z HB9DAX 7MHz CW 579 Fred
14:43z HB9AGH 7MHz CW 599
14:48z Z35F 7MHz CW 599

Then that would seem to Not be the case.

In reply to G0LGS:

I would hope that the Database code looks for the first person to make
the required 4 contacts.

Only one contact is needed to activate a summit (rule 3.7.8). The 4 contact rule only applies to claiming points.

In reply to M1MAJ:

Only one contact is needed to activate a summit (rule 3.7.8). The 4 contact rule only applies to claiming points.

Either way, Zoli made the first contact and was also the first to qualify the summit, so there is an issue with the database.

Another issue is the fact that the database does not order activations in the order that they are carried out. To overcome this, I keep a separate spreadsheet to record the order the summits have been activated and the points gained.

In reply to G4OIG:

Either way, Zoli made the first contact and was also the first to
qualify the summit, so there is an issue with the database.

btw. same issue with UT/CA-360…

In reply to G4OIG:

Oh yes, definitely. Caroline and I noticed and reported this ages ago.

In reply to M1MAJ:

In reply to G4OIG:

Oh yes, definitely. Caroline and I noticed and reported this ages
ago.

Yes I too take issue with the way the database looks for this information. Helen and I had the same problem. Our plan was for me to activate a ‘First Time Unique’ by qualifying first and then the next time Helen would make hers the first, but because GW7AAU comes before GW7AAV (actually we were using GM) her call is shown as the first activator on all our FTUs. I have plans for some more FTUs in August and I think that my daughter Caroline’s call 2W0YLO (as 2M0YLO/P) will show up as the first each time.

In reply to HG4UK:

Its not just with first activations last year I activated G/SP-016 Raw Head on the last day that it was valid (31 Aug 2009) - so being the “last activator”. The hill was acticated the day before this but because that activation was not inputted until after I had recorded my dataon the database it showed as the last activation.

As the data for hill that are removed only stays on the database for a few weeks after its removed I didn’t mention it at the time but it does seem that the algorithm is not looking for earliest time for first activation and latest for last activation.

Peter

G1FOA

In reply to G1FOA:

Peter

You are shown as the last activator:

http://www.sotawatch.org/summits.php?summit=G/SP-016

Richard
G3CWI