Where are they now?

A simple exercise with Excel search and match functions shows that out of 388 MG’s on May 25, 2018, 118 have earned no points this year. Intriguing?

Some do not log anymore, some do not take part anymore.

2 Likes

For some it may be a case of “been there, done that, got the tee-shirt, now what else can I do?” Others may have got too old and infirm to continue. Some, we know, are no longer with us physically, but remain with us in spirit. Time moves on…

1 Like

Zoran - I’m one of the culprits. Have over a year’s worth of Activation & Chaser Logs (Inc 13cms) to upload (they are all in my master log but have to be massaged to suit the SOTA format), but I keep heading out Activating & Chasing rather than getting down to submitting. A 'smack-on-the-wrist! as we say in the UK!!

(;>J

PS: Just about to head off on another 13cms Activation - HERE .

1 Like

Some have passed away. Some no longer have a licence - I met one such early activator on a summit just this week; Ian ex-G7KXV. We must have chatted for about 40 minutes at the summit of Hutton Roof Crags.

1 Like

Oh, I see what you are doing, Jack: preparing a major disturbance in the global Roll of Honor lists. Sneaky. :sunglasses:
Good luck with you SHF activation today!

Hi, Richard. It must have been a memorable conversation…

1 Like