When we have a Spanish Association!

Hi all,

Pal of mine Chris (G0EXD) sent this link for a Spanish Mountain ascent route.

Maybe when we get a Spanish Association this could be on their list ???

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/scariest_path.html

Health and Safety limitations of course !!! HI Hi

Tony

In reply to 2E0LAE:

It appears to via ferrata most of the way. It’s harder to be afraid of falling off if you can’t fall off. There’s a few bits where the concrete is missing that are less appealing though.

However, from my view (and I don’t like exposure really) it’s not the exposure that is worrying but that all the ropes, cables and walkways look so badly decayed that it’s more likely to just collapse than anything else. If I fell when moving around I’d be fairly annoyed with myself. But if the bridge or walkway collapsed whilst I was just standing there looking at the view I’d be positively incandescant with rage. At least until I hit the bottom!

:wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

That’s hideous. I feel ill.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to 2E0LAE:
On list?? not without bonus ;-). i will be in Andalucia (Spain) in about 6-7 weeks with my Caravan, but sorry, i unfortunately miss Spanish SOTA, so i am only a chaser in Spain if i find time hihi. I will avoid this walk in El Chorro.
73 Peter, HB9CMI

In reply to 2E0LAE:
God bless the Bohemian hills. I don’t need this type of adrenalin.
Jirka OK1DDQ

In reply to 2E0LAE:

Saw that ages ago and it is no where near the most scary. Do a bit more Googling and there are some routes up to some Chinese Mountain Top temples that are much worse. The difference being that these temple paths are like the M25, crowded full of pilgrims and there are queues of people passing on suspended ledges only inches wide. Near vertical stairways and bridges made of two rusty chains thousands of feet in the air make it almost vomit inducing, not that the posted link won’t give some people nightmares.

73 Steve

In reply to 2E0LAE:

Yes, and when the Italians get around to joining us there are some pretty impressive routes in the Dolomites, too…mind you, I think the routes in the Dollies are in better condition but more crowded!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to HB9CMI:

Hi Peter!

until SOTA-Spain is ready you may activate some castles
for the Andalucian Castles Award (DCA).

Vy73 alles Gute y hasta lluego
Fritz

In reply to DL4FDM:
OK Fritz, i will see how much time i could spend for this hobby because another hobby is gliding hihi
73 de Peter