What is the max points an activator has gained in

Not a very interesting question you may think, but I was looking at a pretty reasonable day out in Snowdonia and suddenly realised that there were 18 points worth of summits in it.

In theory if you did the Welsh 3000s you could would pass over 54 points worth of tops.

If you modified it a bit you could add in Lliwedd, drop Garnedd Ugain and Crib Goch. Do all the Glyder range, then miss out Pen Yr Ole Wen and Carnedd Dafydd, go straight to Carnedd Llewellyn and turn SE to Pen Llithrig y Wrach… making 68 points… This assumes (sensibly!) that you would not do it with the winter bonuses which would push it up another 24 points to 92 points. (think someone ought to check my maths!)

I like big mountain days (I have done the Welsh 3000s a few times) and I can see a new challenge. (SOTA Marathon???)

Have to be next year though now as I have already done Y Garn and Elidir Fawr.

Of course I suspect you might have to pre plan your chasers as some would be at some very strange hours! hi hi

PS I know this is not the point of SOTA to most, but just looking at it from a different angle.

Gerald
MW6AQU

http://sotawatch.org/reflector.php?topic=2965#24216

In reply to M1EYP:
Thanks.

Gerald