Wet & Windy in the Dales

Woke up this morning and thought what should i do, quick look on Internet weather and bad news for the lakes, Another look into the dales and rain in morning and brightening up later, Go on the Say’s Angela lets have a walk up Pen-y-ghent, So off we sets for Horton-in-ribblesdale arriving at the cafe for 10-00am quick brew down us, into the car park waiting for the rain to give way, On with the gear and on our way, The waterfall at Horton Scar was in full flow, Slight drizzle ascending to Hull-pot where a few photo’s taken, Then onwards and upwards where the rain and the wind 50-60 mph in places, Took hold me and Angela where blown off our feet a few times. Once at the trig-point we sheltered on the east side out of the wind, A warm drink sandwich and then radio time. In the logbook first was Sue g1ohh in Lancaster (thanks for the spot) best qso came from a station g4-frequent-quality-whiskey(g4fqw Brian)who through me out the window, A nice qso well over yonder hills to Phil g4obk & g4jnn Paul in Bradford, Then time to descend down out of the wind which was still very strong, It was very nice to have the warmth of all 13 stations in my log saying it’s great to hear you on the summits again, (watch this space). Back down the same route we took up to Pen-y-ghent still raining and windy, just made the cafe for coffee and scone with jam ‘n’ cream, dry clothes then out geocaching on the way home, Once again thanks to all for the warm welcome, Dave g6lkb will have to meet up again soon. in the lakes,
Steve m0sgb & Angela

In reply to M0SGB:
Hi Steve

Thanks for the QSO - I just managed to hear you well enough to get the report. Funny mode FM and the worst mode when comms are marginal - you either do it or you don’t, there isn’t much of a margin in between but you were just on the right side of the margin today.

I bet it felt good on a day like today when you made it to the cafe to dry out…the weather here meant you were one of only 3 SOTA stations active all day from the UK. Our last QSO was on 60m in April 2007, so it’s good to see you back in the log.

73 Phil