WebSDR

I know some people found this facility interesting for SOTA SWLing in the office (only at lunchtime of course). The facility has recently been vastly improved and covers the bands better.

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

Richard
G3CWI

Tried the link (in my coffee break of course), but found that it doesn’t work.

Mind you, I don’t need WebSDR for SOTA SWLing from the classroom, at lunchtimes or Friday afternoons, because I have the station equipment of Shirley MW0YLS for that. Come to think of it, I haven’t really introduced my Foundation students to SOTA in any great detail yet.

Fingers crossed for the exam tomorrow afternoon, then SOTA will be on the scheme of work for the rest of the summer term!

Tom M1EYP (now going to get another coffee)

In reply to M1EYP:

It’s working fine here Tom. However, the website contains the following note -

Note: you need both Java and JavaScript enabled for this page to work properly. If you don’t hear anything, probably Java is disabled in your browser’s settings, is not installed at all, is a too old version, or is not functioning properly.

73 de Les

In reply to M1EYP:

Tried the link (in my coffee break of course), but found that it
doesn’t work.

I think you will find quite a few firewalls may be set up to block that port… especially in a “corporate” environment.

Good luck to all for the exams…

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G3CWI:Thank you Richard. Ann-Charlotte and I were listening to a nice Bavarian chap DM2AOC rattling on about life in Taufkirche in the Danube valley with OE5MSM on 7160 MHz using this receiver. I parked my cursor at 7.032 MHz above your callsign on the dial but no Morse was heard.

David M6WOW

In reply to G3CWI:
Now it’s back to the 3 bands system

73 Alain F6ENO