WebMon

Ok. Webmon. What is it? Do I need it? Will it stop this OCD need to check my computer screen every 5 minutes?! I’ve found where to download it and obviously some of you use it. Will it benefit me?
Thanks
Q

In reply to GW3BV:
It as an alert system with sound and visual warnings. When set up for SOTA it
will give you a warning that there is a spot or alert. On here it will also give a warning that there has been a post on here. Yes it will benifit you.

In reply to G4JZF:
Thanks. I have installed Webmon and it is running. I have tried to follow the earlier thread on Webmon but I’m not sure what to do. At the moment it is alerting me every time the page refreshes. How exactly do I solve this? I know the information is there I’m just not sure how to follow it. Please treat me like an idiot…
Q

In reply to GW3BV:

Hi Quentin,

Assuming you are reading the previous webmon thread with the instructions…

Go to the menu item ‘Page’, then ‘Modify’, then ‘Specify Content to Check’ and then put ‘webmonBegin’ in the Start Checking | From the following text:’ field.

Let me know how you get on.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
Thanks Jon and Graham
I seem to have it working now, though of course its all gone quiet for the day and the xyl has had me building a flat pack chest of drawers, groan!
Hopefully tommorrow will show if I’ve got it right or not.
Cheers
Q

Alpha testers don’t forget to modify SOTAWATCH2 page in WEBMON to http://www.sotawatch.org/beta/ when you change over.If you are still in ALPHA read top left hand of home page :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG