Wales Invade Scotland 2010

In reply to MM0FMF:

But if you are reading “vessel” “At sea”, you will be /MM at times & in places that reading “Vessel at sea” you will be /M.

I don’t suppose it really matters very much in practice…but it would be nice to know how to operate ‘on the side of the angels’.

Richard M0EIQ

In reply to M0EIQ:

You’re confusing “vessel at sea” with ““vessel” “at sea””.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Do you not have to have a seperate Licence from Ofcom before you can operate /MM?

In reply to G4ASA:

No.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

In reply to M0EIQ:

You’re confusing “vessel at sea” with
““vessel” “at sea””.

Andy
MM0FMF

Aha, it all becomes clear…

In reply to M0EIQ:

In reply to MM0FMF:

In reply to M0EIQ:

You’re confusing “vessel at sea” with
““vessel” “at sea””.

Andy
MM0FMF

Aha, it all becomes clear…

Hubble bubble toil and trouble, stir the pot and see what,s what …!!!

don,t forget the old maxim, EMPTY VESSELS MAKE MOST SOUND…

In reply to MM0FMF:

ONLY IF YOU ARE ON BOARD YOUR OWN SHIP THEN YOU NEED A SHIPS LICENCE,AND THE PERMISSION OF THE SKIPPER,…

HUBBLE BUBBLE TOIL AND TROUBLE, STIR THE POT AND SEE WHAT YOU GOT …!!!

Graham
GW0HUS

ps I,m off to find my camping gear, all this talk of water is making me feel sea sick !!!

In reply to M1EYP:

BUT "TWICKERS " IS SOUTH OF WATFORD GAP SO IT DOES NOT COUNT …!!!

Graham
GW0HUS

In reply to GW0HUS:

Could you translate that into English?

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to GW7AAV:

Summits should include…

GM/NS-135 Cnoc Corr Guinie
GM/NS-138 Struie
GM/NS-148 Cnoc an t-Sabhail
GM/NS-150 Cnoc Mor
GM/NS-151 Mount Eagle
GM/NS-152 Hill of Nigg

We also hope to be able to set up station in the holiday accommodation
which is on the A9 Evanton, Dingwall, Ross-Shire and will be looking
for chaser points. Calls from WAB collectors will be welcome for NH66.
IARU locator IO77tp.

Hi there, i have done all but one of those summits, I live very locally to where you will be staying, only a few miles from evanton. Perhaps we could meet up for one of the hills when you are here. A few of us are doing GM/CS-096 with M1EYP and M3EYP, so we might catch you for a S2S as well.
Email me if you would like to arrange a meet up, you can find it on QRZ.com

Thanks

Adrian
2M0ETR

In reply to 2M0ETR:
Oh and about mobile coverage, i have had no problems with coverage on your short list of summits.

Adrian

Hi Steve and family,

We will be on holiday in Nairn for one weak from Saturday the 21st of August to Saturday the 28th of August. Me and my Dad M1EYP will no longer be activating GM/CS-096 for the 2m backpackers contest, but will be some activating in the Cairngorms with Barry GM4TOE and we will be doing some early morning activations during that weak. These summits will be GM/CS-115, GM/NS-150 and GM/NS-151. I hope to work either you, Helen GW7AAU or Caroline 2W0YLO for a summit to summit contact. We will be doing a SOTA talk at the Inverness radio club on Wednesday 25th of August at 7pm.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Hi Jimmy, Helen, Caroline and I hope to be at the talk (if the locals let us in) to give you and your dad some support and meet Adrian and the rest of the locals. CU there 7pm 25th August if we don’t forget ;0) Hope to grab some S2S contacts from you. Hopefully you will be able to follow our fresh warm trail up GM/NS-151.

Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:
Hi Steve, just at work so can get you via email, if you fancy a trip up NS-105 one evening let me know and ill show you’s the way if you’d like, no path just a trudge up the heather!! Also a couple of nice geocaches on the way!!!

Adrian
2M0ETR

In reply to 2M0ETR:

We will see what the Wx does. I think we will be out later today (lunch time -ish). We have Mobile Internet so I will alert later. I will have a word with Helen about your suggestion and get back to you.

Steve GM7AAV/P

Thanks to all that worked us on GM/NS-148 yesterday. Another summit tomorrow if the WX is OK. Having to be frugal with my mobile broadband and I was on Skype for too long and have used up most of my bandwidth, so keeping the rest for alerts. I am sending this from a WIFI hot spot but it is useless as it will not let me read my emails or access the usual things such as Facebook.

73 Steve GM7AAV/P The Store House on the A9 drinking Mocca Coffee.

In reply to GW7AAV:

but it is useless as it will not let me read my emails

So you set up a proxy at your house and then connect from the free Wifi to connect via the proxy. That way you CAN do what you want.

or access the usual things such as Facebook.

OK, well if it stops Facebook then it’s actually got some redeeming features! :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF