VK/ZL <> Europe SOTA S2S Party - 22 Oct 16 0630 - 0830 UTC

Thanks Luc, I sorted the data to try to spot my duplicate typing and then combined where it appeared two stations were on the same summit - in this case I forgot to remove one entry. OK, down to 73 active summits - still a very good number. I will correct and re-post the table.

Ed.

Many thanks Mike for our S2S and the effort you put in to pull my call sign out of the mud. :smiley:

Hope to work again

Andrew

1 Like

Report published on Southgate News about this event (from Me). Audio versions submitted to AR Newsline and WIA News.

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2016/october/successful-sota-eu-vk-event.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AmateurRadioNews+(Southgate+Amateur+Radio+News)#.WBCZ9SSt_d4

Ed.

Hi all

Thank you to Mike, 2E0YYY and Andrew, VK1AD, for this nice event!

I was at CT/ES-007, Senhora do Socorro, with CT7AGR. We decided to activate in such a way that we do not interfere one each other.

The Wx is fine (forecast was worst than we faced…): 11C, cloudy and wet.
We setup very early, before sunrise, in pitch black.
I take advantage of a flag (?) pole that is on site to erect my 20/30/40 trapped dipole.
Me and Paul, CT7AGR, we were both using KX-3’s and no other forms of PAs…10W max!
He used a endfed.

I made 29 QSOs, 9 were S2S. 1 S2S with VK2AOH/p. Another contact with VK3XU.
Both CT/VK QSOs were on the 30m band! :slight_smile:

When we decided to leave the summit, temp had changed from 11C, wet to 22C, dry.
At that time, we were using t-shirts!

TNX to all for this magnificent event!

73 de Pedro, CT1DBS

Shack of CT7AGR in CT/ES-007

Shack of CT1DBS in CT/ES-007

1 Like

Hi ail
Thanks for your reports.
Here I was on F/PE 322 starting in the night.
After some QSO with east EU, I was called by VK5CZ and then
a difficult but valid S2S with VK2AOH/P .
Here with my FT817 5W and a ‘L’ antenna on 20m cw.
73 Alain F6ENO