VK/ZL <> EU S2S - 11 March 2017

Hi Bernard,
Could you check your log to see if you worked Martin DF3MC/P? We were both on the same summit, Martin running CW, me running SSB.
Your report of not hearing me, but hearing other EU activators I have heard from others, so something isn’t right. I was running between 20 and 25 watts out to the OCF dipole, so not a bad set-up. One that has worked before on several occasions - but not from this summit. I could have had the dipole in the wrong direction or perhaps that summit isn’t good into VK, however I worked Paul (strong signal in Europe as well by the way) and John in WA - both of which I was very happy with.

I’m going to try to get on this Sunday from a different summit using a vertical (half wavelength J-Pole) to see if that works better than the dipole. Storm force winds are forecast for this weekend. If they haven’t passed by early Sunday morning, I’ll move the activation back to Monday morning, when the weather is supposed to be calmer.

By the way, I have just got the protective side panel/handles for my IC-7300, so one day I might get that out onto a summit and really start pumping some power out HI.

73 Ed.

Let down by RSGB again!

My short text report that was acknowledged as received by the RSGB for the GB2RS broadcast was NOT included in the broadcast. I also sent them a longer document, which I guess may get included in the next Radcom magazine but I would have appreciated the short text being read in the GB2RS broadcast.

WIA NEWS and ARNewsline have both included my longer audio pieces about this and the VK-NA S2S events, so thanks to those two groups.

73 Ed.

http://www.wia.org.au/members/broadcast/wianews/