Yesterda, after a 75 minutes drive, I began ascension of Mont Edouard around 1445 UTC. WX forecast was minus 2 with 15 kmh winds. After 80 minutes hiking an ascension of about 450 m, I made it to summit.
Setting up went well but I realised the winds were bigger at summit than expected. Forecast was for light winds by 1700 UTC but that didnt materialized. Decided to operate from inside the summit shelter with antenna outside.
The DX contest made impossible any attempt on 20. Anyway, it was already planned to try 17m es 30m and see if condx were interesting. The sunspots nr was not favorable.
Made 2 QSOs with friends W3MC and WG0AT and CQed 18.096 for long time with no takers. Battery voltage went down pretty fast, cold WX taking out power from my gel type.
For safety reasons, my plan was to begin hiking down at 1830UTC, success or not of the expedition. I found two other stations on 17m, tried some 30m with no luck. 2.5 watts were oubviously not getting me into Europe.
With 4 QSOs in log, I began hiking down with strong winds. WX forecast was no good in my area. 50 minutes later, I sit in my car, happy about the experience and glad my new winter coat kept me from the cold.
More audio and video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf-CTPx4U0U
CU next time.