UT/CA-xxx trip

Hi all!

Just few pictures from a nice one week family trip to the Carpathians ( ut4fj | Flickr ) Only 2 summits were activated during a week, and one (UT/CA-163) was canceled within only 100 meters from the peak :(. Thanks for all the support and QSOs!

73! Alex UT4FJ/p

Great photos Alex. Why was CA-163 cancelled?

I am so pleased that Ukraine is in SOTA. When I do a 20m CW activation, so many of the incoming calls are from UT stations. But none of these guys are on the UT chaser table yet. Do you want me to email you a list of callsigns, so that you can tell them that UT SOTA is running, and that they can claim their chaser logs from the past?

I look forward to the day I work you S2S.

BTW, my first interest in HF radio was listening to those Cold War broadcasts in English from Radio Moscow, Voice of America etc. One of my very first QSL cards was Radio Kiev:

http://tomread.co.uk/ukraine.htm

73, Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Hi Tom,

CA-163 was cancelled because of a very hard way. It was about 8 km to walk one side from our base, has a lot of trees on the mount, and absolutely no marked paths. So, very close to the peak my XYL said, she won’t climb further :(. I’m fully disappointed, but it seems, that was the only proper decision to cancel the activation :(.

Yes, sure, you can send me the list of calls you are interested to invite.

As for s2s, I also hope to have such QSO (or even better, many ones :slight_smile: ), but unfortunately, summits are very far from my home (about 500 km to drive one side to the Crimea, and about 1000 km to Carpathians). So, I’m not sure, I’ll activate something else this year. But who knows…

73! Alex UT4FJ