Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Ultra portable Yagi Antenna

Hello, i just published 2 antenna designs with 3D printed parts. One is 3 el. 2m and second is 2+3el. duoband 2m/70 cm. If you have access to the 3D printer, you can make your own. Design is opensource.

2m/70cm version http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:846442
2m version http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:845444

73 Ondra OK1CDJ

Nice! I tried one like that ages ago and I know very well why you have written “Not good for windy weather.” :smile:

They are great in space though. The early Oscar satellites used tape measures for antennas.

Looks a good design! I am pleased to see that the tape measures are 100% metric! Why in this country we have not fully changed, I will never know?

We drive in miles and measure fuel consumption in miles per gallon, yet we buy in Litres!! It’s utter madness!!! 4 pints of milk for 99p, industrial weight in Kilograms but body weight in stones and pounds!

Anyway, I digress! Love the SMA connector on the end of the boom! Would be a good yagi for indoor use!!

Matt G8XYJ

Hi Mat,

I am pleased to see that the tape measures are 100% metric!
Why in this country we have not fully changed, I will never know?

Know the feeling, “1 meter, 800 and an 1/8”. Got to love it

Look forward to giving this a try

PHIL VK2JDL

And I wonder if wood in Europe is still sold in some odd dimentions that when converted from cm to inches tuen out to be 2 x 4 s !! I think plumbing pipes are the same.

73 Ed.

Hi Ed,

4x2 was nominally that at the time of saw milling the green timber. Shrinkage in drying reduced them. With metrication, guess what happened. We got 90 x 45. Ah you might say, that’s for planed timber. true but funnily enough it also applies to rough sawn now too.

Those mixed measures are what we colonials regard as a direct consequence of delightful British eccentricity.

Ron VK3AFW

This is my ultra portable Yagi:

It is supported by a camera tripod.

Andrew

Nice, like my 2m Fox-hunting Anenna.
73 es gl