Greetings all. I am very new to this so please forgive me for not posting advance information of yesterday’s activation, but I felt a trial was in order before I committed myself to something more serious. It was a last minute decision anyway, based on yesterday’s sunny weather, which was not forecast to last.
Armed with my FT817 and an HB9CV I drove to Pole Bank on the Long Mynd in Shropshire yesterday afternoon (G/WB-005). 2m SSB was very quiet and I worked only two stations so I quickly moved to 2m FM where I only worked three more stations before I decided the weather was just a little too cold to continue, despite me being quite well wrapped up.
I don’t know if I am to report this activation elsewhere on this site or simply keep it in my own logbook. I will certainly add the details to my personal website.