Tosson Hill G/SB-007

In reply to M1YAM:

Yeah, a crackin’ bit of kit the buff, mine is “standard issue” all year round. The only trouble is I keep loosing them, I’m on my 4th now. I’d say the standard one is fine, one of the few times I’ve wished I had a polar buff was on a Cairngorm expedition in winter conditions when I was jealous of my friend who did have one.

Iain, M3WJZ

In reply to M3WJZ:
Hi Gerald,
Sorry for the mix up but my wife changed her day off from work and is now working on Sunday.
Still the WX is better for Saturday so i should do well on the summit
Still not sure if Mike Gw0DSP knows about the change of plan as this is a new one for him.
looking forward to making many contacts tomorrow
73 Keith M1VHT

In reply to MM0FMF:

No, I’m much better looking though a lot balder!

Only joking of course - I knew the FMF profile was much more streamlined and athletic… but maybe not since you have been laid up with that ankle. See you are “running it in” tomorrow, so take care.

73, Gerald

In reply to M3WJZ and M1YAM:

Thanks for the comments chaps - seems like a must have for those occasions when operating from the trig / summit. One advantage of HF - you can retreat downhill and find a warmer spot to operate from.

73, Gerald

In reply to M1VHT:

No problem Keith - I will see if I can hear you from home (Northampton).

I would expect Mike has noted the change - his antennae most certainly will have been twitching as he only needs Shillhope and Housedon to complete the English summits. He will need someone operating HF to bag Housedon… however, I wouldn’t put it past Mike to go mobile around Coldstream if the summit were being activated only on 2m.

73 and ATB for tomorrow,

Gerald