Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

To Mike DSP and Robin PKT

Apologies for taking up reflector bandwidth but right now I cannot send any e-mails!
When Tiscali have sorted out the bug I will reply to both of you.

73 de CRIS
GM4FAM

In reply to GM4FAM:
Hi Cris

Interested to see your comments regarding e-mails. I am in Cornwall for a week at the moment, but just before I left home yesterday I found that none of my outgoing e-mails had been delivered since the 25th. I am also with Tiscali.

Everything appears normal, with the outgoing message apperaring in the “sent” file but nobody has been receiving them.

I had suspected it may be a fault with the anti-virus software, but now you have a similar problem I will contact Tisacali when I return home.

Roy G4SSH/A

In reply to G4SSH:
Hi Roy
Yes, its a real pain in the unmentionables - I have found that the whole e-mail side of things has worsened since Tiscali altered the ‘front screen’ a few weeks ago - it was fine as it was and worked well (if it ain’t broke etc!).
Look forward to hearing you in the pileups from /A.
73 de CRIS
GM4FAM

In reply to GM4FAM:

I wonder if your good self and Roy are rxing emails to your inbox? I emailed you both yesterday with a point I didn’t want to post on the reflector.
Will look for you tomorrow Cris, good luck with the activation if the wx holds.

73 Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:
Yes Mike, I got your e-mail fine, and will reply when Tiscali give permission!

We have had constant rain for the last 24 hours - really hope it clears, but if not tmw then we WILL activate WS-066 as soon as!
All the best
Cris GM4FAM

In reply to GW0DSP:

Same here Mike. Your e-mail received and understood.

73 Roy G4SSH/A

In reply to GM4FAM:

Hi Cris and Tiscali subscribers!
Just realised that my outgoing mail is getting nowhere!
received mail is working as normal.
This has been going on since weekend - wots the problem?

73s de Peter TJE+

In reply to G3TJE:
Goodness knows Peter! I wish some computer ‘techies’ would leave things as they are rather than constantly striving for new fangled improvements (have told Tiscali same). Frustrating!
73 de CRIS
GM4FAM

In reply to G3TJE:

This has been going on since weekend - wots the problem?

See the item that has just appeared on the BBC news site - Tiscali say they have been hit by spammers, causing others to blacklist them. This may not be the whole truth though - who knows?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6704003.stm

In reply to M1MAJ:

Thanks for that info - most interesting and informative.

However the excuse is a bit dubious. I sent a few test messages to myslef at an alternative Tiscali e-mail address and they did not arrive either.

But at least we know somebody is working on the problem.

Roy G4SSH/A

In reply to M1MAJ:
Aha - so that’s the cause - tnx for the info.

Yes, I also tried sending an e-mail to my other address and it didn’t work.
73 de CRIS
GM4FAM