This Friday the 9th of Feb G/WB-005, Long Mynd

This coming Friday I intend to activate Long Mynd hiking from the carpark (Carding Mill Valley) up the stream (red route) to the summit and returning via the stream further along towards little Streton and up and down the ‘bumps’ back to the carpark.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere close to the summit I can erect my Sotamast (it needs to be tied to a pole, fence or similar - I’ve not yet set it up to self support?). If the weather is reasonable I’ll probably use the KX3 or the MTR03 if its likely to be wet. I’ll also take 2/70 for good measure.

73 de Carl

Yes Carl, I usually setup by the fence (wooden posts and barbed wire) away from the trig at the side of the path, shown where my track ends. Large area is in the activation zone.

1 Like

That’s great, thank you Michael. That will tie in perfectly :ok_hand:

Vy 73 de Carl

There is a short wooden post (suitable for bungeeing a mast to) about 50 metres west of the trig point, surrounded by heather but with a vague path to it (probably made by dozens of SOTA activators!:smiley:) You get a great view of the Stiperstones while operating!

1 Like

Great thanks, Brian. There are a couple of options looking good. Was at Stiperstones last Sunday so will be good to see if from Pole Bank.

Maybe work you Friday if you’re around!

73 de Carl
:radio::studio_microphone: