I had a dig about and can see Gerald G4OIG had suggested 19th November. Ignoring any propagation issues, if the ARRL sweepstakes are going to be a real hazard to NA stations then it would be wise to revise the date.
Looking on the net I see these contests listed and none of them look to be huge.
- WAE DX Contest, RTTY 0000Z, Nov 11 to 2359Z, Nov 12
- 10-10 Int. Fall Contest, Digital 0001Z, Nov 11 to 2359Z, Nov 12
- JIDX Phone Contest 0700Z, Nov 11 to 1300Z, Nov 12
- OK/OM DX Contest, CW 1200Z, Nov 11 to 1200Z, Nov 12
- SKCC Weekend Sprintathon 1200Z, Nov 11 to 2400Z, Nov 12
- Kentucky QSO Party 1400Z, Nov 11 to 0200Z, Nov 12
- CQ-WE Contest 1900Z-2300Z, Nov 11 (CW/Digital)
I could, or the MT could just take over and say we’ll move they date, but I’d be happier for a date move to occur only if it was reached through concensus. Whichever date is selected there will be winners and losers. I have a vested interested in the other date (11th November) as I am more of DX station then. I’m surprised that Gerald hasn’t commented so I can only assume he’s not seen the thread.
So what do other’s think?