The New Wesite is now Ready

Dear friends,

As stated in my last posting on the reflector, I said would make one more post at the end of the month. It is now time for my final post.

I can inform you that the new website is now online. My Monthly News will be posted on the website on the 1st of each month as always, the first monthly news will be posted on 1st April 2008, however, a feature of the new website is ‘latest news’ which is updated regularly, day to day, and your input is most welcome.

We hope that you will find the site both interesting and informative and will tell you that the site is still under development and is constantly being updated. I ask all past contributors to the news to please carry on sending items to me through the email address within the website.

Please take time to read the Home Page through as it will explain exactly what the site is all about.

The latest news and the Monthly Summits News can be viewed without registering but to contribute and to view the forums and other facilities you will need to register.

Please register with your call sign if you have one and be aware that the log in system is case sensitive. Please list the site in your favourites.

The new website can be found at… www.summitsbase.org.uk

We look forward to seeing you there.

Vy 73 Mike GW0DSP (Summits News Editor)

In reply to GW0DSP:

Your feedback and opinions on the website would be much appreciated, either on the site if you have registered, or on this reflector. Please be aware that the site is constantly being updated.

Thank you.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
The new site looks great Mike, very proffessional, it’s like reading a glossy magazine with the photos in the stories. Well done.

73 Barry 2E0PXW

In reply to 2E0PXW:
It looks great, Mike, well done!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to GW0DSP:
Have logged in to the new site and I agree with the others - most impressive and professional looking ( I’d even say better than some of the so-called professional ones that I’ve come across ).

Well done Mike - I’ll certainly be using it - many thanks and “much power to your elbow” as the saying goes

73 Graham G3OHC

In reply to GW0DSP:

It looks superb Mike.

I will certainly be using it.

Thanks,

Keith.

Well done Mike and team,looks good,registration received immediately and looking forward to the news.73 Don G0RQL.

I’m in !!

Peter

Good job Mike, it looks very interesting construction, especially the infos on each summits (parking, preferred ways to go, etc…).
Good luck because it seems to be a hard & long work ! :wink:
Vy 73 de Chris F8DZY.

In reply to GW0DSP:

More features and innovations than Heathrow Terminal 5 - but this one works!
Well done Mike

73 Roy G4SSH

In reply to GW0DSP:
Brilliant Site

I think along with what we already share on here it will be a great source for those of us planning trips away to far off summits and for those of us who can not adventure up the summits it is a nice source to see where the ‘mad activators’ are sat in all kinds of weather fair and foul.

I would like to add the GPS routes I have made and those that have been kindly sent to me when Steve and I have announced trips to far a field; or should that read summit!. I hope this is ok with those of you that kindly sent the routes. Without some of the routes I am not sure in some instances I would have known where to start or even if I had arrived at the summit.

Helen
GW7AAU