That wasn’t easy but I passed!!

Normally when something out of the ordinary happens with Ofcom Ed it’s due to the rules and procedures not being correctly followed at Ofcom.

Certainly I’d be ecstatic if I could get a 5 not a 0 in my call. 0 takes forever to send on CW and when DX stations make lists they start at 1 and that means 0 is as the end :slight_smile:

Either that, or it’s due to RSGB dignitaries receiving preferential treatment.

On the YOTA Twitter feed there is a photo of his licence. It is a UK Full Amateur Licence … not a Reciprocal Licence.

Walt (G3NYY)

Or perhaps M0 and M1 are running out so they have started issuing M5.

Certainly I’d be ecstatic if I could get a 5 not a 0 in my call.

I’d rather change both F’s to M, O, or T. That’d be kinda cool. :sunglasses:

Ahoi
Pom

Strange thing.

I am a VE here in Germany for the US exams. We have guys without any license taking the US tests here in Germany. After they receive their US calls, they apply for a German license. Technician is nothing here, General is a German class E (Novice) and Extra is a class A, a full HAREC. No big deal here. Next official test site is 200km (120 mi) away from my QTH, so some people rather take the US exam with us here, than travelling to the official German “Bundesnetzagentur” to take the test.

I tried a year ago to get a reciprocal license but OfCom refused even after talking to them. The RSGB were kind enough to enquire further whether I was eligible and apparently not!

Well it’s all behind me and now time to write a blog post comparing the US and UK process to become extra or full.

Well, I have an idea. Next time move to Germany for some days, get a full HAREC (German class A) with your US extra and then take the German HAREC to get a full UK one. :sunglasses:

Previous post removed - I misread what John was saying. I thought he was suggesting Paul sat the HAREC in Germany (which would be in German) but it appears john is saying that a visitor can get a German full licence (which is HAREC conformant) based on having an FCC Extra licence. Then take the German licence to get the UK full licence. To late now in any case as Paul has passed the Ofcom exam.

73 Ed.

Ich nehme nicht an, dass Google Übersetzer im Prüfungsraum verfügbar ist.

Congratulations Paul on your new license! With merit, no less:) You’ve got a nice new CW call too. Let me know when you’re back in the neighborhood.

Jordan WC6J

Congratulations Paul. Will keep a look out for you on the air.