Thank you!

Hi all
I just wanted to say thanks to the activators I have worked over the past few days. I have been a bit quiet on the radio front over the past year or so but I have found my voice again. (I wish I could find my CW as easily…)
On the 12th of February I worked Walt G3NYY for the first time and for a unique on WB-011. I didn’t realise it during the contact but the contact gave me my 1000th point on 5mhz. I am rather pleased about that and it was good to make Walt’s acquaintance.
In addition its been good to work some of the old faithful, GW4BVE, G1INK, G4MD and GM4COX. In addition a couple of other new calls to me, GW0EWN/P and MM0XXP. Of course it was also good to hear the familiar callsigns in the chasing pack as well.
Next goal is 2500 chaser points. I did used to hang out in about 100th place in the overall rankings, things have changed a bit!
Now where did I put that morse key…
Q GW3BV

In reply to GW3BV:
GM4COX. In addition a couple of other new calls to

I did used to hang out in about
100th place in the overall rankings, things have changed a bit!

Quentin

You are (still) in the top ten chasers in Wales.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to GW3BV:

On the 12th of February I worked Walt G3NYY for the first time and for
a unique on WB-011. I didn’t realise it during the contact but the
contact gave me my 1000th point on 5mhz. I am rather pleased about
that and it was good to make Walt’s acquaintance.

Hi Quentin!

I’m honoured to have given you your 1000th chaser point on 5 MHz. Hearty congratulations!

Since then, I have also had the pleasure of working you when I was on WB-023 and then on SE-001. I only started activating in October last year, so I’m still a “new kid on the block”. I hope to be very active from a variety of summits in the coming year. Please call whenever you hear me.

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to GW3BV:

Thanks for posting that, Quentin, it made me look at my own figures: I found that I reached my 3000 points on 5 megs earlier this year, and a quick calculation showed that 5 megs contributed 37% of my overall score…I do hope that the RSGB secures continued use of the band for us!

I think that all of us chasers owe a vote of thanks to the activators, particularly those bold and hardy souls that go out in snow up to their nethers on the higher summits at this time of year!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to GW3BV:

It’s nice to see you more active again. It’s a long time since we had a QSO so possibly we may have one this weekend. WX doesn’t look too bad so I’m just sussing out possible targets. I feel the need for a unique!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to GW3BV:

Hi Quentin, welcome back! Very nice to get you in the log again on the last few outings. Looking forward to many more.

73 de Paul G4MD

PS Good luck with the key - still trying to work up the courage myself…

PPS faithful maybe… wot’s this about old… ;-))

In reply to G8ADD:

bold and hardy souls

My XYL has another word for it…

73 de Paul G4MD

Thanks for the replies.
I’ve always enjoyed looking at the statistics and seeing how my results stack up. You are right Richard and I am happy I am in the top ten in Wales. My 144 ssb and 5mhz ssb placings aren’t bad either. Hopefully they will improve even more.
Brian, I couldn’t agree more about 5mhz. 7mhz is not always good for inter-G whilst I find 3.5mhz to be a noisy, static filled nightmare. Whereas 5mhz is far more consistently stable and generally very gentlemanly! Long may we keep it.
I apologize for use of the word old Paul…however surely you hardy nutcases, sorry, hardy souls who climb mountains can’t possibly be old.
Hope to catch you at the weekend Andy
Cheers
Q GW3BV

In reply to GW3BV:
sounds like sota is picking its self up again, activators and chasers are coming back, long live sota.
Steve m0sgb