Test antenna for 10m please

Hello mountain men i just put up a 10m delta loop in my back yard and was womdering if anyone would like to listen out for me at around 07.30 utc today on 28.060 cw .Its a triangle config on my squid pole 8m top of loop fed bottom corner about 30 ohms impedence fed just with straight rg58 coax . kx3 tunes it easily just wondering if its radiating i did copy a few of the beacons on 28.200 . Very relaxing laying under the gum tree today so a few qso’s would be a bonus before i bother carrying it up a summit .
73 ian vk5cz …

In reply to VK5CZ:
Nothing heard here, band seems dead:(, all I could hear was something on 28.033.

Colin
M0XSD.

In reply to M0XSD:
thanks Colin i did qsy to 30m for a while too but yes not many signals on 28 tonight.
i’ll give it another go at 09.30 utc its getting dark by about then.
last year conditions were just right as the sun went down here so thats my next plan.
73 many thanks de Ian vk5cz …

In reply to VK5CZ:
Well the delta loop worked ok got a few qso’s to europe with 10 watts and 1x 5 watt 2 way qso. 10.6 m of wire in triangle fed bottom corner with rg 58 not ideal transformation top of loop on my squid pole 8m long. Considering the conditions probably not a bad effort just have to wait now see if usa is possible around 19.00 utc my morning . 73 de ian vk5cz …

In reply to VK5CZ:

Ian, there are a few West Coast guys who I’m sure will be keen to test with you as they are desparate for VK summit contacts. Some monitor here but more are on the NASOTA Yahoo! group. It may be worth trying to arrange some scheds with them.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to VK5CZ:

In reply to VK5CZ:
Well the delta loop worked ok got a few qso’s to europe with 10 watts
and 1x 5 watt 2 way qso. 10.6 m of wire in triangle fed bottom corner
with rg 58 not ideal transformation top of loop on my squid pole 8m
long. Considering the conditions probably not a bad effort just have
to wait now see if usa is possible around 19.00 utc my morning . 73 de
ian vk5cz …

Hi Ian,

The 10m band is in much better shape than earlier this week when it was barely workable. Not too much trouble working North America, South America and Africa on the mic from over here today. My money will be on you making a contact Stateside. Having said this, the band is far from the walkover of a couple of weeks ago. Good luck tomorrow.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to MM0FMF:

Ian, there are a few West Coast guys who I’m sure will be keen to test
with you as they are desparate for VK summit contacts. Some monitor
here but more are on the NASOTA Yahoo! group. It may be worth trying
to arrange some scheds with them.

Andy
MM0FMF

Andy is correct Ian, if you can get on 10m CW from a summit then we will definitely be listening for you here on the U.S. west coast. By “we” I mean Elliott K6ILM, myself, probably Phil NS7P, Mike KD9KC if he isn’t working, and possibly others.

I live on a ridge with steeply downsloping terrain toward VK/ZL. While testing my SOTA doublet up 10 feet with my KX3 running 5W out in the backyard, I got a 579 report from a VK station on 10m who was 599 here. Please do give 10m a try if you can!

Eric KU6J

===========================================
Free SOTA Spot Monitor Software:
http://www.ku6j.com

In reply to KU6J:
Further to my delta loop i made up a matching feed from 1.8m 75 ohm quad shield tv coax hooked it up this morning . swr 1.2/48 ohms at 28.075 .
used a utilux screw up terminal to conect feed to antenna wire.
so those measure ments again 300/28.3 = 10.6 div by 6 for matching trans feed 75 ohm i rounded it up to 1.8 m . presto . give it a try later have to go mountain biking now 73 de ian vk5cz …