SV/AG-010 Pyrgiskos 736 m on Lesvos - First Activation

Thuesday 2.October 2018
hard to walk but amazing…4 S2S QSO two of them on 145.375 with a summit 376 km away near Thessaloniki with a handy 5 Watts. Others in HB9 and F. HF on 20/17/10m in CW to Europe and one to USA.
Equipment was RS-918 with Fuchs Antenna. .
Here Link to my Blog (in German) with all Pictures
[SV8 - 2.10.2018 - SOTA Erst-Aktivierung Lesvos SV/AG-010 Pyrgiskos 736m - Leben als Rentner]

ευχαριστώ πολύ - SV2OXS Christos and SV2RUJ Stavros for this exiting 2 S2S QSO over 376 km !

5 Likes

Hi Erich!

The thanks goes to you, while you accepted the try for this achievement!
Indeed this is the first time in greek SOTA that we have a S2S QSO with Lesvos island on 2 m band! My summit SV/MC- 044 is near Veria city, with 1.801 m ASL. Very open horizon!!!
I am happy to hear that you are constructing your own yagi for 2 m!!! It means that it is very possible to have QSOs with HAMS from Katerini and Thessaloniki. I used my Yaesu FT-60 (5W) and my yagi 3 element antenna, which worked very well.
We hope to hear you and QSO you on 2 m band at your next activations.

73 Christos.

1 Like

Efcharisto Christos, please check SOTAWatch - Xoreutra is planned for Monday .73

Hi Eric!

I am gonna inform HAMS from Thessaloniki and Katerini to be stand by for your activation!!!It is sure that with your new yagi, you will close enough contacts, on 2 m. I hope to hear you, on the air, on Monday!

73 Christos.

Efcharisto Christos…
yesterday the antenna tested on mast, should be ok.
Now expect a PileUp from Hellenic Mainland :wink:
73 Erich