Summit Page

Right, emerging deep from SQL queries and array manipulation I think we are nearly there with this. Click on any of the summits appearing on the spots or alerts.

Les, I have tried to give you your visibility of bands. I thought modes would be perhaps a step to far and not as useful, however, I am willing to reconsider if you think this important.

To do: Data from your personal chasing and activating. Still thinking about how to present this.

Incidentally, I do intend to create a general stats page with all sort of comparisons over the whole of 2004, 2005, 2006, etc… Here mode comparisons will give some good indications of trends, etc.

The wish list is open!

That looks great Jon. Many thanks.

I tend to agree that a breakdown by band AND mode would be unwieldy. However, perhaps an additional line just giving an all-band CW total would be nice. As participation in non-60m HF SSB increases, it would be good to see if there are any summits that could benefit from a visit by a CW operator. Although there is some overlap between CW and SSB activators/chasers, there are still largely separate customer pools out there.

Thanks again, and I look forward to those historic trend analyses in due course.

73 de Les, G3VQO

Thanks Jon

Looks good. I can see how this data could be useful.

Richard

Jon etal
This looks really good. I love the additional information. Currently the summit information is not telling me if I have chased the summit before as the current setup does. Will this be rectified and will it be possible for the information to tell you when and with what frequency and mode the contact was made? How about the last 3 times you chased the summit? This will especially be of use to chasers I feel.
Thanks for your hardwork, its looking mighty impressive.
CHeers all
Q

Nice idea Quentin!!

Perhaps the actual date of the last QSO is less important than the summary of bands and modes of previous QSOs. Something like -

You have chased this summit 4 times - 7-CW, 5-SSB, 3.5-CW/SSB

This gives valuable information to fanatical chasers about potential uniques on their preferred band and/or mode, whilst still showing the less “fussy” chaser useful information.

Be warned Jon, there is probably no limit to the number of “what if” and “can you” ideas that we can come up with. Be sure to tell us when we reach the end of the line …

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO etc:
Will we be seeing personalised information for chasers before long Jon? Something to tell us if we have chased the summit before and hopefully on what frequencies and modes? I am finding myself using alpha and vanilla sotawatch at the same time. Cluttering the desktop a bit!
Cheers
Q

In reply to GW3BV:

Will we be seeing personalised information for chasers before long
Jon? Something to tell us if we have chased the summit before and
hopefully on what frequencies and modes? I am finding myself using
alpha and vanilla sotawatch at the same time. Cluttering the desktop
a bit!

Have a look now and tell me what you think. Is this what you had in mind?

73, Jon

Is “Browse for a summit” to appear on SW2 Jon? Also, a few observations in the topic “SOTAwatch 2” further down. Cheers, Tom

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

I think that’s perfect Jon. Well done, and thanks very much!

73 de Les, G3VQO

I likethe detailed list of “Chased by you”, “Activated by you” etc. Perhaps a total could be added in brackets to the title:

eg “Chased by you (14)” “Activated by you (3)”.

In reply to M1EYP:

Is “Browse for a summit” to appear on SW2 Jon?

Yes, on its way!