Submit Activator Entry: Firefox error

Anybody else having problems submitting activator entries to the database using Firefox 7.0.1?

After having entered several (5…20) QSOs, at a certain point no additional QSOs are accepted and Firefox shows a page full of error messages and lengthy explanations (sorry for not having captured the text). Happened to me 3 times so far. Continued with MSIE, and fortunately, the database offered to continue the interrupted entry process.

73, Markus HB9BRJ

In reply to HB9BRJ:
Dear Markus, i never had Problems with Firefox also with Firefox 7.0.1, because i upload always with .csv File’s not QSO by QSO. For me i made an Excel-sheet (Template) and add QSO by QSO and save as .CSV-File. Then i replace all the “;” by “,” and upload this File.
73 and good luck, Peter/HB9CMI

In reply to HB9CMI:

Thanks Peter. The situation got worse today:

• error also occurs in MSIE 9
  • error also occurs when submitting a chaser entry.

The error page (it’s an entire browser page full of text) starts like this:

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

73, Markus HB9BRJ

In reply to HB9BRJ:
Markus, i know this Error, this morning also one time. Close the submitting-page, start again the database-link, logon and try again to submitt your chaser-entry. most of time it will be O.K.
73 de Peter/… lot of activators today :-))

In reply to HB9CMI:

I’m glad I’m not alone seeing this error!
Let’s hope one of the SOTA database gurus will see this thread.

73, Markus HB9BRJ

In reply to HB9BRJ:

Andy is on a summit at present (or descending) but I’m sure he will be looking at this later.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to HB9BRJ:

Hi Markus, this problem is a server application/server environment issue. As of yet there is no real fix. It is intermittent and very difficult to pin down the cause. It’s probably something to do with load balancing at the database host. I’ve not had time to discuss this with the hosting company but reviewing fixes on MSDN and Google searches shows that many other people have this problem intermittently.

Now the good news. The database is designed to preserve the activation you are enetering whilst it is incomplete. Should a problem occur such as this or your computer crashing, then everything entered so far is saved. When you try to enter this activation again, the database will prompt you to either continue the partially entered activation or to discard it and start again.

So next time it happens you can simply close the tab with the database window. Then open a new tab and go to the database site and log in again. Then try to enter the activation you were entering and you will get the prompt to continue. Or you can enter the whole activation in a CSV using Excel, OpenOffice or a text editor (not Word) and then upload that in one hit.

Until we find out exactly the cause then this is the best I can offer.

Andy MM0FMF,
Database manager.