Stipperstones G/WB-003 Report

I’ll keep this just like the activation…Brief.

Firstly, let me start by apologising to the chasers who were looking for me on SSB. It just wasn’t going to happen in the very high winds and hail up there today.

I’d just about given up trying to get the dipole on the fishing pole, however, after some messing about, I managed to get it about 7ft. clear of the ground.

I put out a cq on 145.500 and Karen 2E0XYL came back to my call. Karen, then very kindly spotted me and a steady flow of contacts followed. After just over 20 minutes, I had 16 contacts in the log, the final one being G0NXA Giles, in Tewkesbury. I put out a last cq …nothing heard and so I pulled the plug PDQ.

Today, was most certainly not a day for hanging around.

Many thanks to all who called. Also, my apologies to Bob G6ODU for confusing his callsign. Thanks for the call Bob, it’s sorted now :wink:

Cheers all

Mike 2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

I’ll keep this just like the activation…Brief.
Don’t know about keeping it brief mickey but i need you to get out a bit more my point tally is going a bit slow i was always able to get at least 4 points a week from your activations from shining Thor hi best 73s Dave M3XIE

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Sounds unpleasant. Martyn and I are hoping to do this one tomorrow afternoon, so I hope it’s a bit better then.

We’ll be on our way for a week of SOTAing in mid-Wales. We’re reasonably equipped for bad weather, but would prefer not to have to be huddling in a bothy bag!

Caroline
M3ZCB.

In reply to M3ZCB:

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Sounds unpleasant. Martyn and I are hoping to do this one tomorrow
afternoon, so I hope it’s a bit better then.

Yes, the wind was very strong and cold although from the car park it was ok.

We’ll be on our way for a week of SOTAing in mid-Wales. We’re
reasonably equipped for bad weather, but would prefer not to have to
be huddling in a bothy bag!

Don’t know which side you are planning to start from. I drove to Bridges and then to the English Nature car park which is clearly signposted and just a 5 minute drive up the hill. First part of the ascent is easy, however, walking on the rocks is quite difficult under foot

Enjoy your week SOTAing

Mike
2E0YYY