Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask Bargain

For those amongst you who are lucky enough to have a B&M Stores nearby…

They currently have on offer, 1 litre stainless steel vacuum flasks for just £3.99.

To make this offer really sweet, the flasks come with a PVC cover which should help keep the contents hot a lot longer. The cover alone must be worth a couple of quid!

HTH someone…
73 Mike
2E0YYY

Thank’s for the info Mike - two members of my family in Lancashire work for the company B&M.

I discovered only two years ago that tea with milk tastes very good from the stainless steel flasks. Up until then I had avoided making it as it always tasted vile in the original type of thermos flask.

73 and have a Happy New Year
Phil

In reply to G4OBK:

Thank’s for the info Mike - two members of my family in Lancashire
work for the company B&M.

I discovered only two years ago that tea with milk tastes very good
from the stainless steel flasks. Up until then I had avoided making it
as it always tasted vile in the original type of thermos flask.

73 and have a Happy New Year
Phil

My choice of flask beverage is a ‘fruity tea’ type infusion, I too avoid the milky tea/coffee as the first cup is fine, but subsequent cups take on the not very nice ‘flask tea’ taste - not good. So I use these fruity style tea bags from Aldi - 99p for 20.

John
M0JZH

In reply to M6BAF:

My choice of flask beverage is a ‘fruity tea’ type infusion, I too
avoid the milky tea/coffee as the first cup is fine, but subsequent
cups take on the not very nice ‘flask tea’ taste - not good. So I use
these fruity style tea bags from Aldi - 99p for 20.

I developed a taste for milkless tea years ago. It means that all you need carry is a mug and a tea bag - at most events it is possible to scrounge hot water :o) The other advantage is that when you use a flask, it only has hot water in it, which means it is easy to clean and never picks up flavours - whatever it is manufactured from. Stainless steel flasks are great, though, I agree!

HNY
Adrian
G4AZS

In reply to G4AZS:
Hi Adrian

I’m an Aldi fan myself and pop in the Scarborough shop every few weeks for a few groceries, the well priced wine and to look at the other bits which change almost weekly.

I recently purchased some neoprene fishermans gloves for £4.99 where you can fold back the thumb and index finger ends whilst still wearing the gloves. This would allow you to keep your gloves on whilst sending morse with a paddle key (or using your phone come to that). I haven’t road tested them yet for SOTA but will do so in the next week or so.

HNY!

Phil

In reply to G4OBK:

In reply to G4AZS:

I recently purchased some neoprene fishermans gloves for £4.99 where
you can fold back the thumb and index finger ends whilst still wearing
the gloves. This would allow you to keep your gloves on whilst
sending morse with a paddle key (or using your phone come to that).

Hi Phil they sound good - my fingers were starting to crystalise today after an hour in fingerless gloves.
I looked at some recently with a fold over mitten end which seemed good. However, the folding part was held open by magnets, which didn’t seem ideal for an activity involving the use of a compass ;o) I’ll look out for the type you found…

HNY
Adrian

In reply to G4AZS:
Very good Adrian

The Aldi Gloves look reasonable quality to me but I don’t think the velcro on the finger and thumb ends will stay on for long. Without it the ends still fold back though. OK on the magnetic gloves, a must to avoid I reckon!

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_25962.htm

73 Phil

In reply to G4OBK:
Hi Phil

I bought a pair of these gloves from Aldi last week. I used them on my activation today and they worked well, kept my hands warm and easy to use a straight key and should be ok with a paddle. Just a bit clumsy to write with, as you say the Velcro doesn’t look as if it will last too long.

Thanks for the QSO today, Happy New Year to all Activators and Chasers.

Dave/G4ASA

In reply to G4OBK:

Thank’s for the info Mike - two members of my family in Lancashire
work for the company B&M.

I discovered only two years ago that tea with milk tastes very good
from the stainless steel flasks. Up until then I had avoided making it
as it always tasted vile in the original type of thermos flask.

Totally agree about drinks tasting so much better out of stainless steel, Phil.

I gave up on tea out of a flask about forty years ago when I was heavily into angling. For me, I much prefer coffee out of a flask and a cup of tea at home.

BTW, made an S2S with Geoff M6PYG/P on G/WB-009 today.

73 HNY
Mike 2E0YYY