Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

SS-161 Larriston Fells activation 25/10/2007

In reply to G1ZJQ:

Excellent report once again Derek. I’m glad Tufty turned up on time - he took some bribing as my acorn stock is quite low at the moment!

Thanks for the tip on mountain bike access - maybe one for next Easter, though Bev is “Keilder-shy” since I took the family on a 20 mile round bike trip in that area some years ago. Or was it the 14 mile hike over the back of Tosson the next day that did it?

73, Gerald

In reply to G1ZJQ:

Thanks for a great report Derek. It was a pleasure to work you on both of these summits as always.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to G1ZJQ:
I doubt if anyone can ever find that path to Larriston Fell summit. It is marked on the OS 25k map as Bloody Bush & Larriston Fells walk but I can only guess that it was last walked a century or so ago.
73 jim g0cqk

In reply to G0CQK:

Derek,

Nice report, keep them coming. Just a quick question, wouldn’t it have been easier from the other side? Or was there a particular reason for taking that route other than that was the way you fancied?

Jim,
Nice to chat at the Galashiels Rally.

Andy
MM0FMF