Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

SOTAWatch Alerts summit recognition problem - FIXED


#1

It appears that SOTAWatch doesn’t recognise recently added summits - one example is DM/BW-854 Höchsten. Is it possible some kind of transfer or update needs to be executed to get new summits recognised in SOTAWatch Alerts?

Tnx Ed DD5LP


#2

Hi Ed,

I brought up this topic some months ago. Here is the thread:

73 Martin, OE5REO


#3

Working FB

Alert placed 1730Z 9/2/2018

c1

Spot placed 1728Z 9/2/2018

c2


#4

And…

c1

c2


#5

Those alerts are not there Andy!

I guess you removed them?

In any case what I am referring to (I ought to have been clearer!) is that when one hovers the mouse over the entry it says summit not recognised - the system allows the alert to be placed, that’s not the problem.

image

By the way as I wrote DD5LP+Others I’d expect the Operator not to be recognised - it’s just the Summit where I would expect to see the name shown.

Ed.


#6

Recently updated E7 SOTA data does appear in the list of summits, sotadata-generated pages, and SMP maps, but not in the Alerts page (when one hovers over an E7 SOTA reference). I believe this peculiarity has the same root cause as the one Ed is referring to…

73’s!

Zoran / E70AA


#7

Jon has an update planned soon.


#8

Thanks.


#9

SOTAWatch Alerts continues to report any summits added in 2018 (and I think also late in 2017) as unrecognised.

I know there is a “bigger plan” to replace the current SOTAWatch with a better one but in the meantime, can the problem be addressed in the current system please?

image


#10

Posts like this are better sent directly to the MT, I’m the only member of the MT more or less continually monitoring the reflector and I don’t deal with the nuts and bolts!:wink:


#11

It was my understanding that you had to deal with the nuts and then bolt. Perhaps I got that wrong…


#12

That sounds about right to me!


#13

OK, I’ll send something to Jon to see if the update that Andrew R said he thought was coming is imminent. I know this problem used to occur when a particular lookup file wasn’t updated but then this manual step of the logic was apparently changed to take the data directly from the database - that doesn’t seem to be working for the new summits in the Alert page (Spots seem to be OK).


#14

It’s dependent on another piece of work I’m working on (when I get a chance).


#15

Thanks Andrew - I’m in direct contact with Jon now via email and he’ll kindly look into the problem later when he gets home.

73 Ed.


#16

Jon has now fixed the problem so new alerts or those edited by the creator will now pick up the name of the summit if it is valid.

Ed.