A new release of SOTALog(*) is available for download:
- SSB-Mode: use F8 to toggle between CW and SSB entry
- Added S2S summit to the remark field in CSV
- More names in call-sign to first-name lookup table (tnx Hans PB2T)
(*) For those wondering what SOTALog is: It’s a simple computer log software tailored for SOTA activator use. I wrote it initially for myself about 2 years ago and used if for more than 100 activations since. Last week, I presented it during the HB9SOTA event at HamRadio Friedrichshafen and decided to make it available to the public domain. It runs on (presumably) any version of Microsoft Windows, Linux and MacOS-X.
- Creates CSV version 2 files for direct upload to the SOTA database (same file can be uploaded for Activator and S2S entry)
- Creades ADIF file to import in home station log, eQSL etc.
- Complete list of summits included (shows altitude and points)
- Displays first name of remote operator (limited list supplied, can be extended)
- Shows potential matches for registered activator and chaser call signs while typing (~6000 call signs)
- S2S entry wizard with validation
- Online update of summit list and SOTA call signs
- With serial cable to KX3: automatic band change
- Automatic logging of UTC
- Runs on Windows, Linux, MacOS-X (no installer needed)
- Large font for good readability in sunlight
- Logged QSO entries cannot be edited
- It does not run on Android nor does it on iPad/iPhone
Presentation at Ham Radio 2015: http://hb9sota.ch/hb9sota-hamradio/
Bug reports and feature requests are welcome, note however that I have a 100% day job and spend the weekends doing SOTA activations. So don’t expect any fast updates!
Peter, HB9TVK (hb9tvk (at) uska.ch)