Sota watch

Are there circumstances where you cannot delete your own spot, and what are they? I wouldn’t know, I have an edit button for all spots and alerts! :smile:

Brian

Rick, you can generate the code yourself, because your validating it against yourself. Its self feedback. All your using the DB for is a means of closing the loop…

So for such a case you could make a code up and use the DB to interpret it afterwards !

You have just quoted the “Just” meaning it was not a fully thought out idea - but a mere conceptual thought.

The cross checking (*) does work - yes. But it doesn’t solve the problem entirely.

No. But not all spots are your own spots.

We don’t need a hexadecimal code. The Database knows and can report whether or not you are in the log!

This seems to be a non sequitur since I was talking about people not removing their own test spots after completing the test.

Brian

Your test spots that you send may not be credited to you on SOTAwatch if they are delivered by a 3rd party system. The three that I can think of are SMS/APRS/RBN. You cannot delete these yourself.

I think that we fuss far too much about spots. If the spots scroll off your screen on SOTAwatch you can use the scrollbar to bring them back. If that’s an issue you can use the spot monitor programs that Rick mentioned by Mathieu earlier in this thread or the one Eric KU6J provides which can filter. Or you can use the SOTA cluster in conjunction with a logging program to filter spots. And there’s probably another handful of options I can’t remember right now.

Sure lots of junk spots are a problem but the number of junk spots (tests, erroneous or requests to QSY) don’t add up to 1/10 of the words that have been written about spots and how to fix the perceived issues. YMMV.

1 Like