Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

SOTA tour de SM6EQO/P

Hi all!

Tomorrow, Saturday 1st of August, I will embark on a seven day tour of West-Central part of Sweden entirely devoted to working SOTA:s. I will start with VD-003 around noon time and after that´s done, move over to make VD-002 the same evening. Many things can of course happen on the way (and God knows how many summits I really will manage to make!) but the plan is to work the following summits in this order:

VL-014
VL-015
VL-005
VL-008
VL-006
VL-002
VL-003
VL-001
VL-010
VL-004
VL-011
VL-007
VL-013
VL-009
VL-012
OR-002
OR-001
OG-001

You will find me almost exclusively on 10118 kHz.
Only if qrv in the very early morning or late evening I will switch to 7032.
Primary rig: ATS-3B.1
Backup rig: FT-817
Ant: End-Fed Half-Wave
I do not own any mobile telephone, thus I can not spot myself.

73 de
Håkan - SM6EQO/P
http://hem.bredband.net/b101180/

In reply to SM6EQO:

Wish you good luck and fine weather on your tour, Håkan.

73! Jan OK1NF

In reply to OK1NF:

Thanks for good wishes Jan!
It seems that Monday might be a bit wet, but else the forecast looks fine… :slight_smile:

/Håkan

In reply to SM6EQO:

This is really good news! The activity from Swedish summits has been almost negligible so far… I managed to make it to the top of the SM Honour Roll last week by working from only six summits - personally very satisfying, but not really an accomplishment to boast about :slight_smile:

SM0GNS/Peder and I will probably snatch the OR-001 and OR-002 prior to your activation (this weekend), but you will still be the first activator on most of the other virgin summits.

Good luck Håkan!

Anders SM0HPL

In reply to SM0HPL:

Well Anders, and I who thought I would be the first on OR-001 and OR-002. I also see that OG-001 have been active. But if you do those two this weekend I might replace all those three summits on my tour with DA-024, DA-026 and DA-028 instead… :slight_smile:

/Håkan

Home again! The first thing i would like to do is to thank you all very much indeed for working me during my tour! It has been a true pleasure!

The tour resulted in 20 activated summits and 29 activator points!
I will put up a full account of it all (with many pictures) on my web page in a couple of days.

/Håkan - SM6EQO

In reply to SM6EQO:

Many tnx for all the nice QSOs dr Hakan!
(sri I cant write the “° over a”…hi)
Hope to hear you soon when I am on SOTA.
Vy73 de Fritz DL4FDM,HB9CSA

In reply to SM6EQO:

Thanks for all the new SM SOTA’s Hakan. A magnificent expedition.

10.118 MHz appears to be very quiet now that you have gone.

Roy G4SSH

In reply to SM6EQO:

Congratulations Håkan! I managed to take a screen dump - me in top - of the SM Activator Honour Roll before you submitted your logs. Looking forward to read the story on your web page…

Anders SM0HPL

In reply to SM6EQO:

Hallo Hakan,
thank you very much for all the new summits and the points.
Sometimes the conditions are very bad, that your signal wasn´t possible to read.
Hopping for an other activation in the future.

“Frank” , DL2EF

In reply to SM6EQO:

Congratulations and good work Håkan! I have checked your homepage with nice info and pictures from the summits. Looking forward for more activations of Summitsw from Sweden. I have new summits in SM/VL to be included in next update of the SM ARM, hopefully coming at the end of this year.

I myself have some loose plans later this year to activate two or three summits in the north of SM/DA, but this depends of my future workplans and free weekends in the calendar, will inform later.

73 / SM5KRI Chris

Thank you all for the nice words!

http://hem.bredband.net/b101180/SOTA%20Tour%202009.html

/Håkan

thanks for the activation report and the nice pictures …

In reply to SM6EQO:

I missed this due to my work. How about using 20 m or 17 m? These bands might work better for ‘DX’ during day time. Interesting notes about the antenna during rain. I guess the Sarek National Park is one of the most challenging of the Nordic SOTA areas.

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

The activator is KING Jaakko. (Sorry to hear you had to go to work!)

Hakan did a great job on 10 MHz and 7 MHz CW making many more than the average number of QSOs all around Europe on most of the summits. This was a notable feat as he only recently came into SOTA Activating, and he did this with very basic lightweight equipment.

As a result he is now the top activator in Sweden. Congratulations Hakan, I enjoyed the photos and report on your webpage.

Phil G4OBK