Sota t-shirt spotted in UK

Yesterday (11/05/10) I saw someone wearing a black t-shirt with orange text on that said “G/LD-039” in the sunny market town of Ulverston, Cumbria. I have only met a handful of my local amateurs, of which only a small proportion are Sota-folk.

Does anyone know who it could have been, I can only guess it was G6LKB or somebody visiting the town.

Also, where can I purchase Sota t-shirts? :slight_smile:

All the best,

Tommy
M6AIM

In reply to M6AIM:
Hi Tommy.Look up Barry GM4TOE on QRZ.COM for his email address .And he is your man.You will find he is very helpfull.ATB Geoff G6MZX

In reply to M6AIM:
A campaigner for save Baystones from the chop?
David

In reply to M6AIM:

Hi Tommy,

I use the site below for my Sota Shirts and fleeces , run by a Ham Operator and very speedy delivery times. also two different colour SOTA Badges

http://www.tintagel-crafts.co.uk/

best 73

Tony

In reply to 2E0LAE:

Ordering SOTA T-shirts and the like from Barry GM4TOE helps to raise some money to pay towards the costs of running SOTA.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi Andy,

yes I know, I have sent a couple of donations to Barry albeit small ones.

At the time I wanted some stuff, Barry was having trouble getting supplied and delivered and someone on this forum gave me the link to Tintagel?

Tony

In reply to 2E0LAE:

I have sent a couple of donations to Barry

Good man :wink:

Andy
M0FMF
(located south of the border in Florence Nightingale mode)

I am saving my T and swaetshirts for when I am back over in the Lake District hoping that someone will tap me on the shoulder asking who I am :0)

Peter

if you manage to use the gentleman, say your a good friend of mine, and i recommended you,
Steve m0sgb

In reply to 2E0LAE:

In reply to M6AIM:

Hi Tommy,

I use the site below for my Sota Shirts and fleeces , run by a Ham
Operator and very speedy delivery times. also two different colour
SOTA Badges

best 73

Tony

I have a stock of T shirts, Sweatshirts and Polo Shirts. The first two are printed the polo shirts have an embrodered logo.

Prices:

T Shirts £9.95
Sweat Shirts £15.95
Polo Shirts £12.95

Plus postage to wherever you are

ALL profits help towards the costs of running the database, SOTAwatch and the reflector

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to GM4TOE:
Barry, do you have some pictures I could look at?

Tom-N2YTF

In reply to N2YTF:
Hi Tom,

I think Peter ON4UP has emailed you a photo and there are some on the SOTA website. I will try to find a suitable model to show them off and email you pictures.

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to 2E0LAE:

Hi Tony,
I am in the process of ordering from Barry but I would also like to order from Tintagel. I must be missing a step because I can’t find where they ask me for my shirt size. Could you possibly help?
Thanks!
Tom

In reply to 2E0LAE:

This shop now appears to be closed

Colin

In reply to G8TMV:

Hi Colin,

Im not certain ,but I think the owner had a family bereavment recently??

I have not needed anything off him for some time so uncertain what has happened to him??

Hope this helps?

Tony

In reply to 2E0LAE:

And of course none of the money spent at that shop would go towards SOTA’s running costs.

Hmmm… there are appears to be an echo in here! :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

I sent an email to Barry GM4TOE but haven’t had a response yet. Hopefully his entry on QRZ.com is up to date.

In reply to G8TMV:

If you see how far he walked today you’ll know why you’ve not yet had a reply!

There again as he’s the award manager for SOTA you could just click the “Contact Barry” link Summits on the Air

:wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to GM4TOE:
Would you consider stocking flags Barry? Frédo F4EMK makes them. See http://f0emk.over-blog.com/article-19121115.html . I’d rather buy them through you to make sure SOTA gets some money.
My maroon SOTA polo shirt is my current favourite garment!

David M0YDH

In reply to M0YDH:
I am presently trying to source flags, and some other merchandise, to assist with fund raising for SOTA. Hopefully I can make an announcement here shortly.

Stocks of shirts are quite healthy (although I think most of the sizes left are for the more unhealthy amongst us - well they would fit me!!); so if you would like a shirt with the SOTA logo, and help support the continued availability of SOTAwatch and the reflector, just ask (use my email address on the website)

Barry GM4TOE