Sota on/on-021 on6dsl/p

Dear SOTA friends,

A new video is on YouTube from our activation on Plantis De Mesnil ON/ON-021. The result can be viewed at the following link.

Also some pictures on the flickr webpage and asap on the http://www.onl.be/ webpage.

We wanted a bit more snow pictures but unfortunately the snow was completely melted away. Last week there was ± 30 cm of snow on the summit.
On the activation day temps about 6° Gr/C.

Enjoy !!!

Thanks for the stations who make a spot on the SotaWatch2 cluster.

Cu Nxt Agn

73-88

Luc ON6DSL and Xyl Annemie

Some photos are now also available on the http://www.onl.be/ website.

73 Luc ON6DSL

In reply to ON6DSL:

Great video Luc, but I wish I had not seen it. ON-021 is the last Belgium summit for me to chase. I was off work so normally I would have been in the shack looking to work you, however I was down at Mold and District Amateur Radio Club, where I am Chairman and we were running a Foundation course. My eldest daughter Caroline and my second eldest son Adam are doing the course and I was the proud father as Caroline got a lot of questions right. She has just done her physics exam and knew all about Ohm’s law and how circuits worked. I think she will pass when it comes to exam day and I have no worries about Adam either.

Look forward to working you on a summit again soon.

73 Steve GW7AAV

In reply to ON6DSL:

Nice pictures, nice film…congrats Luc and xyl

73 de Franz ON9CBQ

In reply to ON9CBQ:
Another enjoyable video and some great signals. Sean M0GIA

In reply to M0GIA:

Hi Sean, about your question on YouTube.

Luc, What power and antenna was you using?
Sean M0GIA

The power ± 5 W from my YAESU FT817ND with FNB-85 7.2V 1400 mAh
I use QRP aut.tuner T1 from Elecraft with coax RG58.
(817 <- PL<->BNC -> T1 <- BNC<->BNC -> Ant.)
The antenna is home made one band (40) Inv.V dipole on a old fiber fishpole @ 3 m long.(abridged version of a 7 m)
SLAB 12 V - 2.3 Amps.(= test slab for my 2010 expedition to SV5 Rhodes Island in august this year)

73 de Luc ON6DSL

In reply to ON6DSL:

Hi Luc,

I am sorry, but I can not watch your video. I get the following message on youtube:

“Dieses Video enthält Content von Sony Music Entertainment. Es ist in deinem Land nicht mehr verfügbar.” ???!!!

I try to translate: This video has a content from Sony Music Entertainment. You can not watch it in your country.

Only for your information,

73 Lutz
DL3SBA

In reply to DL3SBA:

Ok Lutz,

Yes, I noticed that after I have received today an e-mail from YouTube.
Apparently there are comments from Sony Music Entertainment of using some music for audio. Maybe I put other music on the existing film.
It is only blocked for Germany.
I’m going to see what I can do.

Thanks fur info.

Luc ON6DSL

In reply to ON6DSL:
Your QRP setup works well Luc, monoband resonant antennas are the way for max from 5w especially SSB is what i have found.

I had two auto ATU’s in mind for using with my 817, They were the T1 and Z100. I ended up with a Z100 as I found a used one boxed in mint condition for a good price.

I would have purchased a T1 kit otherwise, Luc did you build yours from a kit or did you buy ready built?

Hope to work you during the International SOTA Weekend if you are participating? Sean M0GIA

In reply to M0GIA:

Hi Sean,

Normally I would have bought the self build kit, but this time I have buy the ready built and the reason was that I had not enough time for this to be built on that moment. I had the T1 urgent necessary for our holiday trip to Crete in 2008.

I make the order via:

There is no ELECRAFT dealer in Belgium.

At the portable station ALINCO DX70 100 W I use the Z100.

I make all my HM antennas with an VSWR as low as possible (monoband Inv.V dipoles) 1 1:0 - 1 1:1 - 1 1:2 (Max)
http://users.skynet.be/deswert.luc/QRP%20HF%20DIPOLE%20INV%20-%20V%20ANTENNE%2040-20-18-15%20M%20%20BAND.htm

Normally I do not really must use an ATU, but of certain circumstances in the SOTA-field, trees, twigs, shrubs ect … is it in my view best to use one.

Furthermore I try to be QRV during the international SOTA weekend. But I dare not to promise … I do my best.(Hope NO… QRL)

73 Luc ON6DSL