SOTA NEWS The Future

Most readers will be aware of the resignation of Mike GW0DSP from the post of SOTA News Editor. I am sure that I speak for many readers when I say that in the eight months that he had been in charge Mike had introduced many new features and made the monthly newsletter a most attractive source of interest and information. I have been proud to have been associated with the project as author of the CW report. Mike and I worked well as a news team.

You will also have seen in the previous post from Mike that he intends to publish summits news on an alternative site. I wish Mike and the new site well, but I prefer my CW report and input from other CW activators to remain on the SOTA Reflector. I have discussed this with Mike and we have agreed to go our separate ways. It is therefore my intention to continue to publish the monthly SOTA CW report on the SOTA Reflector.

However, I have now been asked by the MT to take over as SOTA News editor in order that SOTA news continues to be carried on the SOTA Reflector.

My first publication, on the 31st March, will be the CW Newsletter only, as I have no other material to hand. It therefore remains to be seen if there will be enough interest and input to re-launch the SOTA Newsletter on the 30th April. That will depend entirely on contributions from readers. I shall continue to write the SOTA CW report with enthusiasm and hope that readers will support my efforts to expand the SOTA news coverage on this site by forwarding articles about your particular SOTA interest to g4ssh@tiscali.co.uk

Roy G4SSH

(Later 29th March)
I have now received a few last minute contributions from readers and will therefore publish a SOTA News on the 31st March. Many Thanks.

In reply to G4SSH:

As Roy has explained we have been constantly in touch over this matter and I concur with Roy on all he has quoted.

I will agree 100% Roy, we made an excellent team and it has been my great pleasure to work with you on SOTA News. Losing you as a colleague is the hardest part of my leaving Sota News, at least the readers can be sure it’s in safe hands.

MT have made a wise decision in choosing you to be the new Editor, you will give it your all, of that I am certain and as I have said on the phone and in emails, I am here if you require any help or advice.

Good luck Roy and pop in to read my news, I will certainly read yours every month, hi.

Vy 73 Mike GW0DSP (Summits News Editor)

In reply to G4SSH:
Good luck Roy and I look forward to the next CW report.

Actually I wonder if you might want to write a piece on “CW pile up etiquette” after what I heard when trying to chase Tom this afternoon! :slight_smile:

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G4SSH:

hello roy

good luck with the news…

73s gw0vmz

In reply to G4SSH:

Many thanks Roy !

See you soon from summits in CW (of course !)

73 Alain F6ENO