SOTA News Fun

Just an idea as the year comes to an end, how about we all vote for our sota personality of the Year. We can have 2 votes each, for activator, chaser, pet, whatever. It doesn’t have to be the most prolific in each category, vote for whatever reasons, just for a bit of sota end of year fun.

Please send your votes to me …

gw0dsp@hotmail.co.uk

Get your votes in as soon as possible so I can count them up and put them in the next news.

73 to all Mike
GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

WOW!! what a quick response, votes are coming in already, great stuff, keep them coming.

73 Mike

Now there’s a difficult one. As most of the activators, chasers… are somewhat … “special” it might be hard to pick one out :o)

Peter

In reply to ON3WAB:

It is a difficult one Peter but lets have your vote via email. There are so many reasons to choose a personality, only you can decide.

The response has been terrific already, thanks to all who have voted, but let’s have more, maybe I can print a certificate for the winners if MT are ok with that?

73 Mike

Spots personality of the year?

In reply to GW7AAV:

Use your votes for whatever reason, it’s a bit of fun, but votes are pouring in. Send to gw0dsp@hotmail.co.uk for privacy of vote.

73 Mike

BAFTA: British Award For Top Activator ?

Errrrm, I’ll get my coat

WoW, due to the amount of votes coming in I will award 3 places.

Keep them coming folk.

It’s pleasing to see so many different personalities being nominated for many different reasons.

73 Mike

Just to clarify…

You are voting for the Sota personality of the year 2007, which can be activator, chaser, SWL, spotter, dog or pet, XYL, anyone whatsoever and for your own personal reasons.
Let’s keep it good fun and keep those votes rolling in.

73 Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

Hey Mike, deciding who to vote for is seriously difficult; there are so many, in my opinion, who deserve some recognition.

Er… can you vote for yourself? :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

You can vote for yourself once and 1 vote for someone else. I have been shocked by the amount of votes coming in Andy, all good stuff.

All votes to…

gw0dsp@hotmail.co.uk

73 Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

You can vote for yourself once

Good. I should get at least 1 vote then :slight_smile:

Andy
MM0FMF

Just a little bump to remind you to keep your votes coming in.

You can vote for 2 people, please send your votes to…

gw0dsp@hotmail.co.uk

73 Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

Just a little bump to remind you to keep your votes coming in.

You can vote for 2 people, please send your votes to…

gw0dsp@hotmail.co.uk

73 Mike

Hi Everyone

Just an update…
I have received 68 votes for 28 different personalities up to now and your reasons for voting vary quite a lot. It’s nice to see that you are all acting within the spirit of the thing.

Just 3 votes seperate the top 3 personalities at present, so keep those votes coming in. I need to put a closing date on the voting with the holidays approaching, so will set a close date of Friday 21/12/07.

Steve 2E0KPO has kindly designed a cracking certificate for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places and I have printed them out now. The certificates just await the filling in and posting at the end of the voting period.

Don’t forget, you have 2 votes each.

Please send your 2 votes to…

gw0dsp@hotmail.co.uk

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Just a reminder to everyone, you have until midnight on this coming Friday 21st December to place your votes for the Sota Personality of the Year.

You have 2 votes each, which can be for activators, chasers, spotters, dogs, whatever and for whatever reason.

Up to now 44 of you have voted and given many varied reasons for your choices, more importantly is the true sota spirit shown in your reasons.

73 Mike GW0DSP

Just 3 days left to get your votes in for SOTA personality of the year. I have received 92 votes up to now and currently only 3 votes seperate the top three. So, if you haven’t voted already, then let’s have those votes in.

You have 2 votes each, so go for it and vote for your top 2 personalities.

Many of you have pointed out how difficult it has been to choose your personalities, due to the several differing reasons for voting for someone.

Please send your 2 choices to…

gw0dsp@hotmail.co.uk

73 Mike GW0DSP

Please note that voting for your sota personality of the year ends at midnight tonight, Friday 21/12/07.

All votes cast after the deadline will not count, so please get your votes in to avoid disappointment.

Over 100 votes have been cast for 35 different personalities up to now.

Thank you to all of you who have supported this event.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

In reply to GW0DSP:

Bump.

See post above.