Sota Italia - Dual summit referencies, rules

Hi Marko. What you are missing is that the separate Sotaitalia list is not part of SOTA although it includes SOTA summits. The AM cannot add summits to the SOTA list unless they go through a rigorous verification procedure.

At the moment a complete analysis of all the Italian summits is being carried out. This is a major undertaking which will take weeks or even months to complete, and on completion there will be over a thousand new summits added. Until this work is completed no new summits can be added to the official SOTA list as the work of verification will distract the effort from the complete analysis.

Please be patient and I am sure that you will be happy with the new summit list when it appears.

Brian

Tnx for clarification!!
I’ll be here waiting … and let me know if I can help in any way.

best 73 de IZ3GME Marco

Hi Marco, I’ve also offered help but seems they do not need, they are preparing a new list, I’m really curious to see the new summits…

me too!

Guys, the offers of help and assistance to fix the errors in the Italian data and to improve the association are very well appreciated.

We have a small but experienced team working on the data. We have found this to be an effective way to work. As soon as we can make use of extra help we, the MT, will ask. Please don’t be offended because we have not yet asked for you to get involved.

1 Like

Zl2aj willing to help mapcheck as soon as I have finished JA .

3 Likes

Hello…

Nearly two years are passed from my topic start, and nearly a year from your reply but nothing is changed the summits are always the same and the dual summits problem persist

73 de in3aqk

1 Like

Hello…

Nearly two years are passed from my topic start, and nearly a year from the reply of MM0FMF but nothing is changed the summits are always the same and the dual summits problem persist.

It’s evident that something is strange, the region of the managers has 160 summits, more than the sum of the other italian region with high peaks.

73 de in3aqk

1 Like

Nothing is changed that you know of.

So this statement of your post on Aug 16 is not true, no one is working on it…

We have a small but experienced team working on the data.

Because you cannot see anything changing does not mean that work is not happening.

The progress made in correcting errors and adding the new summits has not been published yet, it is incomplete.

3 Likes

Hello,
Italy is plenty of very nice peaks, it’s a pity we cannot enjoy them as SOTA’s summits with the chaser community. I’m anxiously waiting for a new list that I’m sure you will edit soon.
Good job !!!,
73 ES TNX de IK2YRA Carlos

1 Like

Hello,
Italy is plenty of very nice peaks, it’s a pity we cannot enjoy them as SOTA’s summits with the chaser community. I’m anxiously waiting for a new list that I’m sure you will edit soon.
Good job !!!,
73 ES TNX de IK2YRA Carlos

1 Like

Be patient, Carlos. Thousands of potential new summits have been identified from satellite surveys, the hard work comes in verifying them, determining the position of the summit and the defining col, and poring over maps to determine the names of the new summits. The people doing this work have day jobs and lives to lead!

Brian

1 Like

i’m glad to heard about this. i’m sure it’s a hard work, if you think i can help you or be usefull for this duty please let me know.
Our association has been absent for a long time on the summits mangement. Thanks for your job Brian.
Carlos.

You cannot image how I agree with your point of view. I HOPE some change.
IK2YRA, Carlos
SOTA Hunter/Activator

Hello every-body, i’m glad to read about the news that involve the Italian Association. I really appreciated the richer new summits list. Hope to read very soon some news about our new national manager. Thank you all, keep working like this…! Carlos IK2YRA