Sota Fun Evening

Having just checked the UK weather forecast for this evening 19/6/07, I think the only Safe and sensible thing to do, is to cancel any activity for this evening.

Widespread heavy rain is forecast and thunderstorms in many parts.

Let’s hope for better wx next week, or maybe try and do a fun evening on Thursday?

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Good call Mike…

Anyway I thought Richard was doing “my summit” yesterday… but I’m waiting to see that activation report as I dont think it went as planned. :slight_smile:

Maybe something can happen later in the week.

Next week is out for me as I’m off on business so count me out…

…unless they have SOTA in JA? There are plenty of summits… 3000M near my office.

A SOTA association status question for the management team perhaps?

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G0AZS:

Hi Marc

It’s got to be a big No No tonight. SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS.

As for Richard G3CWIs activation, he dropped what’s know in the business as, “A Clanger”, hi.
He posted on the spots, “no radio, no activation”.
Not heard from Richard since so not sure wether he simply forgot to pack his radio in his rucksack.

Hope your JA trip goes well.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to G0AZS:

My CE-005 activation mostly went as planned. The aerial looked fine at the trig point. Just a pity that the radio was in a plastic bag in the dining room at home :frowning: Inevitably I only spotted this after everything else was set up! I had unpacked the radio to put it in a plastic bag after looking at the forecast that morning and obviously omitted replacing it in my rucksack. My contact with the Clitheroe Kid will have to wait.

Re JA; as far as I can recall we have never had any interest from JA in SOTA. I did send JARL some press releases some years ago but never had any response.

Richard

In reply to G3CWI:

…and even the best boy scout has yet to generate RF rubbing a couple of sticks together. :slight_smile:

As for JA… I ask around and see if any of our engineers might be interested hams and stimulate interest from within… it’s a very mountainous area.

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G3CWI:

If it even happens to you Richard, I don’t feel so bad about leaving my patch lead behind when I went up Hill of Garvock…

73 de Paul G4MD