"SOTA Day" Events & Dinner at HAM RADIO Friedrichshafen 2017

SOTABEAMS is willing to provide a WSPRlite as a prize for the best SOTA inspired hat at the dinner if you wish?

Yukk ! - Spätzle :frowning:

Are you coming Steve? I’m sure we can arrange a different vegatable choice for you.

Thanks Richard,
Nice idea - lets see how many people intend coming to the dinner, at the moment the response has not been overwhelming - I think a lot of people are unable to commit so far ahead, unfortunately if I need to book a restaurant in the middle of the town, I need to book it sooner rather than later.

Ed.

Here’s my “one-off” SOTA cap in any case…

There is only one dish with Spätzle on the menu so you should be ok :grin:

We are also planning to come but can’t make a committment…

73, Sylvia

Hi Ed, although I will be in DL at the time, I probably won’t get down to Fried. I will be in Bamberg to visit the Annafest in Forcheim which will involve beer.

I would like to attend, but I need to convince my family to come and make a tour across F, up to HB and finally arrive to DL in the area of FH by mid July.
It’s still too early for me to say, but I’ll let you know as soon as I can, although I have no idea of when this will be, neither if it will be.
I hope to be able to give you some good news and I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed.

Guru

OK, it seems that most people are unable to commit as to whether they will be able to attend the meal at the moment.
So far only 9 people (including myself) have completed the survey.

Personally, I like the idea of combining the meal with an activation of Gehrenberg, so I will follow that route (different thread on this reflector) and see if I can quantify how many people would be interested in that approach. Of course there is no problem with people not activating and joining the meal later - this way we have two options.

Ed.

1 Like

Hi Ed
Not the quantity of the people counts. It is the quality!
See you at the dinner even if we are only four!
73 de HB9BIN, Jürg

Hi Ed,
I will be there with my yl, also for afternoon activation.

73 de iw2obx Roberto

Hi Roberto,
Thanks for your response, I think combining the possibilty of an activation with the dinner is a positive action but it will mean that the restaurant that I will use will be out in the countryside, not far from the summit), so transport will be needed. Perhaps those without their own cars can pool with others?

Ed.

Ok Ed, I have three free seats. We can organize ourself in private, I didn’t book a room, if possible I’m looking for it near the restorant or your hotel or summit.

73 de iw2obx Roberto

I have put in a booking for 10 people at the Wirtshaus am Gehrenberg in Markdorf, near to the SOTA summit Gehrenberg.
I have made it 7pm, so those not activating the summit have time to get out to the restaurant and it should not be too late for the drive back to your accomodation.

I’ve also placed an Alert for the DM/BW-348 for 1630 Local (1430 UTC) onwards. It’s no more than 15 minutes from the parking spot for the summit to the restaurant.

All we need now is some nice weather!

Ed.

2 Likes

Hello Ed,

could you add me to the dinner, please?

73 de Robert

Noted Robert, no problems. I have reserved for “10 - 15” people so I think that will be enough, but I’ll check with all in June to make sure we have enough places.

Everyone is very welcome to join in an actvation on Gehrenberg, about 5 minutes from the restaurant from about 16:30 if they want.

This all makes a rather nice combined SOTA event -

"SOTA day at HAM RADIO Friedrichshafen"

SOTA Meet-up at QSL wall from 12 noon
Lunch
SOTA Seminars from 14:00 - 15:45 in Konferenz-Zentrum West, Raum Österreich
Travel
SOTA Activation of DM/BW-348 GehrenBerg - 16:30 - 18:30 (approx)
Travel
SOTA Dinner at “Wirthaus am Gehrenberg” in Markdorf - 19:00 onwards.

A plan for possibly being at this event is forming! Keep me on your “mailing list” please. I don’t think I will know for sure until early June.

OK, definitely coming now. Need to sort tickets for the rally and my wife and I will stay in our motorhome.

Sue will do “something else” on the day I am in the rally itself.

Also plan to attend the dinner - both Sue and I will come.

1 Like

Any update on the plans for HAMRADIO 2017? Will there be the usual SOTA talks etc?

Yes,

All details are here http://reflector.sota.org.uk/t/ham-radio-2017/14945

STOP PRESS STOP PRESS STOP PRESS STOP PRESS

Richard from SOTABeams has very kindly donated a WSPRLite to be awarded to the person with the most impressive / different SOTA attire attending the SOTA Dinner at the Wirstshaus am Gehrenberg on Saturday July 15th. So bring and wear any visible item of clothing that indicates you are taking part in the SOTA “addiction” and all people present will vote to chose which one is best.

I will be taking some photos that will be published of the winner.

So who’s going to attend the dinner … So far I only have 6 confirmed attendees and I have booked 15 places so there’s room for a lot more.

Ed.

1 Like